Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a day out to a family theme park we regularly visit in the next county, I've asked them to install @ZeroCarbonWorld chargers. I've pointed out that EV drivers are loyal and will normally publicise their use. Is there a recognised hashtag that is used to show support for such venues? I always tweet when I use such charging but have just used a photo and the venue's Twitter handle.

On a related matter, can I ask @Kevin Sharpe whether venues can install the chargers themselves? I'd be surprised if such places didn't already have their own qualified sparkies.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed...it would help if we could just say to the venue...just go and do a Twitter search on #whatever....but doubt we can get enough adoption on our own.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
#ukcharge is really just to show where a charger works or not, until we get real time maps that work. Usually I post from something like foursquare so it includes the location etc and then repost to twitter so the owner gets to know

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the owner cares about Twitter, they are likely to have an account so by mentioning their handle they will know. Each time I've tweeted, my tweet has been retweeted. Most marketing depts are responsible to someone further up the chain, so by tweeting (and we can all retweet others tweets) gives justification for their own existence and for installing the chargers in the first place.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Kevin Sharpe does not post here any more though I hope he will return.

All ZCW venues must arrange their own installers. ZCW may provide donated hardware but they don't do the installation. That is always at the cost and arrangement of the site.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys..I wanted to know if the venues can use their own staff electricians. If so, surely it's a no brainer for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts