Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
A positve move for sure, but spare a thought for chademo owners!!
Basically, we're stuffed!

CCS equipped cars will go to the shiny new Ionity chargers at the services as they know they'll work. Chademo cars will have the crappy Ecotricity ones all to themselves, but as Ecotricity will be getting even less income from them, then they'll spend even less on maintenance than they do now.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts

CCS equipped cars will go to the shiny new Ionity chargers at the services as they know they'll work. Chademo cars will have the crappy Ecotricity ones all to themselves, but as Ecotricity will be getting even less income from them, then they'll spend even less on maintenance than they do now.
Thankfully Instavolt and Polar will be usable and fairly big networks themselves now. The fact they are situated off motorways may prove challenging for short range EVs however.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I thought MFG had teemed up with Ecotricity?

Electric Highway expands into London

Have any of those proposed sites gone live?
It never happened. Ecotricity even put out publicity on Facebook after it hadn't happened saying that they'd installed X number of rapids in London. I reported the ad to the ASA and 'won'.

MFG have been partnered with Genie for a while now though.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,014 Posts
As much hate as Ecotricity gets, at least we can use them. Nice to see other networks possibly getting a look-in, as long as something remains for AC (and it seems Chademo!) users for the usable life of our cars i.e. another 10 years or so. I maintain that if there's any environmental benefit to be had from EVs, they should remain useful as long as possible, not obsolete and struggling to get from A to a more distant B when the next cool kid charging tech comes around the corner.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It never happened. Ecotricity even put out publicity on Facebook after it hadn't happened saying that they'd installed X number of rapids in London. I reported the ad to the ASA and 'won'.

MFG have been partnered with Genie for a while now though.
Even more outragious are the EH claims of 99.8% reliability.

Richard

·
Registered
240 Posts

I don't think ecotricity get any revenue from CCS cars. Ecotricity CCS points don't exist at most of the services I habitually drive past. So the situation for chademo stays more or less unchanged?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
If they put that in an advert anywhere then it needs challenging. Current scores with CCS is about 40% reliability. Even chademo users are finding the chargers are cutting out now.
Does this count as advertising ? Not sure if a tweet does ?

The e-Niro group mentioned this twitter post Electric Highway on Twitter ( posted 31st May 2019 )

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
It's not a reliability figure. They've said 99.8% availability. They're into the weasel words. Does that mean it's 0.2% downtime across the network or 0.2% utilization?

·
Registered
11,000 Posts
It's not a reliability figure. They've said 99.8% availability. They're into the weasel words. Does that mean it's 0.2% downtime across the network or 0.2% utilization?
This might be site availability.

For instance if the CCS and CHAdeMO is down by there’s a 22 kW AC post working, then it’s 100% available. :)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
This might be site availability.

For instance if the CCS and CHAdeMO is down by there’s a 22 kW AC post working, then it’s 100% available. :)
Very odd way of presenting the informatiom though. But then again Dale is very odd. Data should be user centric and basically state the chance of a complete session by a user who just turns up. i.e. also not include an instance where someone checks first to see if the charger is working etc.

Well it all goes to prove the old saying
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Richard

·
Registered
11,000 Posts
Yeah, but that seems to be their attitude.

“Oh, you couldn’t charge on CCS, don’t worry you can complete your charging session on the AC side”

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
It would seem DBT chargers present problems on CCS generally. I’ve used the Polar chargers in Chippenham, Corsham and Trowbridge and they are all unreliable. Current climbs towards 108 Amps and then they terminate the charging session.
The Lidl in Chippenham (Pod Point) works fine but it is often busy. Last time I went there was a LEAF before me and another LEAF after me. I was able to charge on AC while the LEAF before me was finishing and then I switched to CCS for my i3. All three outlets working fine. The only thing that was tripping everybody up using the rapid for the first time was that you have to use the back button on the app to return to the socket display to confirm end of charge having first terminated the charge using the screen on the charger. Not obvious what is needed to get to the point of cable release. Pod Point App does need some further work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Lidl in Chippenham (Pod Point) works fine but it is often busy. Last time I went there was a LEAF before me and another LEAF after me. I was able to charge on AC while the LEAF before me was finishing and then I switched to CCS for my i3. All three outlets working fine. The only thing that was tripping everybody up using the rapid for the first time was that you have to use the back button on the app to return to the socket display to confirm end of charge having first terminated the charge using the screen on the charger. Not obvious what is needed to get to the point of cable release. Pod Point App does need some further work.
Lidl charger is great but it’s not a DBT.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I spent most of the weekend in the car. I had 4 Electric Highway faultless CCS charges in 2 days. For a bonus one was on free vend. Is this a record?

221 - 240 of 324 Posts