Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Super Moderator
I can't adequately express how I feel about this on a public forum.

Reactions: Paul

Registered
Been following this trend for a few months - it's gaining an awful lot of ground in some parts of the US. Have even found one or two UK examples. Not good. Search #rollincoal on Twitter to see how much business is being made out of it, too.

Registered
WTF is the matter with these people?

Reactions: Eunicholas

Registered
Just gives me the urge to buy one of these, find out where they live and leave it running for an hour or two.
Then see if they still think it's reasonable.
Seeing smoky diesels nowadays are enough to get me mad but then they used to really bug me in my old petrol car.

Reactions: Brooktop

Registered
Turkeys voting for Christmas

Administrator
I wonder how many generations, if ever, it will take for people like this to realise they really were stupid and really doing harm to themselves and all around them... Or if they'll never get it.

Registered
Some ten years ago a car was trying to drive fast on the M4 towards London on a busy day with the traffic slowing, bullying, flashing and hooting at all in the third lane.

He took exception to me in a Prius and as he (eventually) passed produced a huge plume of oil smoke, really cutting visibility and needing the ventilation on recirculate. I assumed he had an oil injection system into the hot exhaust to punish those in 'lesser' cars.

It was a pleasure a few minutes later to see him pulled over by a unmarked police car.

I was also passed at great speed after pulling away from the toll on the M6(toll) by an old, drag racer wannabe BMW.

He was some half mile ahead when he produced a huge plume of smoke and coasted into the hard shoulder with blue smoke pouring from the bonnet and an oil streak on the road.

We all lightly tooted and went on our way.

Registered
I often wonder if there's any way of reporting (older) vehicles belching out fumes that are obviously an emissions test fail.

Reactions: UKTechie

Registered
This must be what the mini cabs have installed in Manchester!

Though imagine if CO2 was a visible gas I don't think we would have ended up where we are now.

Registered
They're usually in old bangers that will have no chance of passing their next MOT.

Registered
I was also passed at great speed after pulling away from the toll on the M6(toll) by an old, drag racer wannabe BMW.

He was some half mile ahead when he produced a huge plume of smoke and coasted into the hard shoulder with blue smoke pouring from the bonnet and an oil streak on the road.

We all lightly tooted and went on our way.
So you're pulling away from a toll booth, someone accelerates faster than your Prius and then goes on to break down and you beep him as you go past? Do you think that helped him reassess the opinion that Prius drivers can sometimes be smug? :)

As for this "coal rollers", never heard it, but that's pretty pathetic. I watched the video where they're all giggling away, very proud of themselves :rolleyes:

Registered
So you're pulling away from a toll booth, someone accelerates faster than your Prius and then goes on to break down and you beep him as you go past? Do you think that helped him reassess the opinion that Prius drivers can sometimes be smug? :)
Not just me but the others he 'burnt off' in a silly show of smoking tyres and pure bad driving and lane jumping.

Registered
Don't think I would have cared what a twunt like that thought! People like that cause accidents and kill people.

Reactions: Matt Beard

Registered
On the bright side.. they are making more soot than CO2 and the soot (PM10) is unlikely to make its way over the pond to Europe. so we are reasonably safe from these fools.
It's their own money they are burning.

Reactions: Guesty
1 - 20 of 28 Posts