Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pod Point have added the new Asda Hayle Harbour Superstore on to their map
the flags in the wrong place and a call to the store yesterday said it's not working yet........ progress :( I will have a look when I am up there next.

1 South Quay,

Hayle, Cornwall, TR27 4EP

Tel: 01872 248615

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
404 Posts
Hmm - 2 Pod Point chargers within range of me (the other at Sainsburys Penzance). I might have to get a Pod Point card.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Visited there yesterday - post looks like it was powered up - has 2 x sockets labelled 7kw, but only one space marked as an EV one. The car park was fairly busy, but that space was clear, as was the motorcycle space next to it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might need to wait a little longer...........:(

Thanks for your email about the car charging point at our Hayle Harbour store.

I have spoken to Daniel, who works on the Customer Service Desk in store to query this further for you. I have been informed that the car charging point isn't currently working as they are just waiting for a company to come and service it. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If there is anything else I can help with, please call me or one of my colleagues on 0800 952 0101. Thanks again for taking the time to email and allowing me to help.

Kind regards

Kat Woolford
Asda Service Team

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ah - sorry for getting your hopes up. In my defence, it was raining when I walked past it, and I couldn't be bothered to get my glasses out to see what it said on the little display :oops:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it wouldn't surprise me if it was on and they didn't know :confused:

apparently Cornwall Council are meeting Scottish and Southern Energy on Thursday that should give them the go ahead to install the first batch of council chargers.:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to Hayle and tried the new pod-point, but it wouldn't accept my card, so I called the helpline and they managed to start the charge, success! Celebrated with a Philps pasty! (also did a shop in ASDA)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Car park was busy, but the space was clear, not sure why they have only reserved one space as @misterbleepy says 2X 7kw ports,

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are 2 posts at our local Asda and they have not painted any of the 4 spaces that would be for charging. Everytime we go in they are all ICED. Spoke to asda CS and did not really get anywhere. One of the posts at ours is yet to be activated....says on it that it has been quality checked/passed and awaiting commissioning.

Sad though if Asda will do nothing to show these as EV spaces and at least try to stop ICE cars parking in the spaces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm new to ev so apologies if this is an obvious question but does anyone know if you can purchase a pod point card from an Asda store?

I'm going on a trip tomorrow and have only got an ecotricity card which I've found is not in operation where I planned to charge so looking at other options.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sensibly placed park and ride ones at Truro were switched on two weeks ago and the manager of the park said they had been tested and were available, great I thought I'll go and try. I dropped an email to ChargePoint Genie asking if was ok and I was informed in by the frosty customers services.

April 30th
"As I am sure you will appreciate, the system is not only the charger but the software, infrastructure and support and all these must be in place and signed off on behalf of SSE before the public are able to use the charger.
This has not yet been done and the scheme has not been launched and so the charger is not available.
I will let you know when the situation changes.
Helpdesk at Charge Point Genie."

two weeks later the Genie's lamp has not worked and they have now wrapped them up to stop me even consider using them. I think they should remove Genie & Helpdesk as they are neither.

Andrew

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's the one in Cobham services. It shows as red on their map.

Just tried calling pod point and cobham services but neither answered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts