Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I have had the van a month now am really happy with it.
The headlamps seem pretty dim compared to my 2017 Leaf, which I am told has factory LED units.
Is it possible to change the whole lamp unit to an LED type or maybe get some LED Bulbs?
(I assume the later models have the factory LED units?)

Any advice or other ideas much appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
You can swap the headlights with a Tekna but they are not plug and play.
Alternatively there are lots of not strictly legal but very good aftermarket LEDs that give more light for the same power and a decent beam pattern.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can swap the headlights with a Tekna but they are not plug and play.
Alternatively there are lots of not strictly legal but very good aftermarket LEDs that give more light for the same power and a decent beam pattern.
Thanks for the reply, my van is a Tekna, do you think its got the wrong headlamps?
(would not surprise me, cause as you may remember, I found out it had been previously front end damaged, and both headlamps among other things had been replaced)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Sadly, yes. The Tekna should have automatic headlights and different connectors to the loom. I'm beginning to wonder how much of your van has been changed as this may explain the different steering column stalks. Perhaps yours was an interim model but ......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly, yes. The Tekna should have automatic headlights and different connectors to the loom. I'm beginning to wonder how much of your van has been changed as this may explain the different steering column stalks. Perhaps yours was an interim model but ......
Thanks for the info, I guess need to try and find what the original spec was, I imagine nissan can provide this

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Having had 2 enV200's, sadly I think Nissan just don't fit very good headlamps/optics, as they're just not particularly bright as well as having a dreadful pattern, compared to other vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
If you think the eNV headlamps aren't very good then you really need to try driving a Volt or Ampera...... You would be better off shinning a torch out of the window than using the headlights they have fitted....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts