Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ID3 Tour was specced with a heat pump but my question is how would you know if you had one (aside from the efficiency benefits). Does it look different up front under the bonnet and can it physically be seen? (Also loving my car and the safrano orange interior. Matte white surfaces wont show scratches or fingerprints like the gloss black!)

·
Registered
BMW i3 60ah bev, solar orange
43 Posts
Here's comparison pics of my Ioniq with heat pump and one without. The arrows show the additional components and pipework necessary for the pump.

Like your interior, yet to see an id3 on the road in my area.

Additional pic is a mock-up of the id3's heat pump layout.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
My ID3 Tour was specced with a heat pump but my question is how would you know if you had one (aside from the efficiency benefits). Does it look different up front under the bonnet and can it physically be seen? (Also loving my car and the safrano orange interior. Matte white surfaces wont show scratches or fingerprints like the gloss black!) View attachment 143159 View attachment 143160 View attachment 143161
Actually, there is no piece of equipment labelled " heatpump". The system just uses the same compressor as is used for the aircon but adds some switching valves, an extra heat exchanger buried deep inside the interior heater etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts