Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the specs the life model doesn't have heated or folding mirrors. However on my controls on the door panel i can still highlight them but it doesn't seem to do anything?

·
Registered
Seat Ibiza- contemplating an ID.3
158 Posts
They're listed on the specs for the Life trim on the pricelist! Part of the comfort pack.

Electrically heated, adjustable and foldable door mirrors with projection light, including automatic dimming function on driver’s side, door mirror puddle lights and reverse activated kerb-view adjustment on passenger’s side

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're listed on the specs for the Life trim on the pricelist! Part of the comfort pack.
Being a bit stupid here, how do i activate them, as I said I can highlight them by turning the knob but then what? Result though!

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
367 Posts
Being a bit stupid here, how do i activate them, as I said I can highlight them by turning the knob but then what? Result though!
Folding is a setting in the Vehicle > Vehicle section of the infotainment system.

Heating is turning the knob on the driver door panel.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,906 Posts
It could just be the stock door panel that’s used across many models? You may find the mirrors don’t have the motors or the heating elements if they’re listed as options in the comfort pack.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could just be the stock door panel that’s used across many models? You may find the mirrors don’t have the motors or the heating elements if they’re listed as options in the comfort pack.
Just been out to car, turned knob to mirror folding icon and hey presto they folded up! Checked in vehicle settings and "fold mirrors when locking" was ticked. Got out of car and locked it and mirrors folded up, never done it before! Also sat in car and i highlighted heated mirrors symbol, got out of car and mirrors were warm. Nice when you find out you've got stuff you didn't know you had! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,743 Posts
Before I ordered my Life, I was scrutinizing the features of all the different ID3 models. The others all start "As Life plus....." and mention electrically folding heaters mirrors". Meanwhile the Life lists "foldable" mirrors. So I assumed I would not get electric mirrors. But there they are!

I conclude that things get lost in the translation from German.

The biggest benefit of flooding mirrors is to show you that you have successfully locked the car as you walk away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts