Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
None of the EV's I know have heated mirrors. Do any?

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
113 Posts
I’ve only owned 2 EV’s. both had heated mirrors. Just click on the rear demister....

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
And the LEAF in the higher specifications since launch.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
554 Posts
ZOEs have heated door mirrors.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Kona - both Prem & Prem SE =
Door Mirrors - Electric Adjustment and Heated with Power Folding Function

Be aware on some cars, the pre heat timer or App On Demand functions do not trigger the heated door mirrors.
(eg the VW app / in car timer does not do this )
So in a heavy frost you can come out to a car with clear windows but faff with a credit card / spray can to sort the blooming' mirrors out before you can drive off safely. #SlightyNarked #FirstWorldProblems

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Interesting to note that heated mirrors are high up on the “Wanted” list.
It’s usually other common requested things like “How far will it go on a charge” etc etc !.
Different from the list of other requests on a EV !.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I am talking about door mirrors. So far we have Zoes, higher spec Leaf and Kona premium Tesla S and Soul.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
339 Posts
My 2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna had heated mirrors, and so does my 2020 MG ZS EV. Both models used the heated rear window switch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
As has been said the MG ZS (Exclusive trim) and also the MG5 (again Exclusive trim) have heated door mirrors.

My question would be are they really worth it, I've got them on my Skoda and I cant say I've ever used them or even noticed they work for that matter!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If they work then and they are included in the model spec you want then they are useful when your mirrors are frosted up.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
eNV200 Evalia has them, but the lower spec doesn't.

Heated mirrors are definitely a very useful thing to have.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Have them on the eGolf.

Use them regularly in winter, but unfortunately they don't switch on from the app so I can come out to a warm car with all windows clear but still have frosty mirrors. But that is pretty much the definition of a first world problem.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
113 Posts
Ioniq has them. And I pace and e tron.

I think It might be better to start a thread titled 'which ev doesnt have heated mirrors?’

1 - 20 of 23 Posts