Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive just been looking at the specs for the Kona on the Hyundai website.
It states rear seats (outer) heated . Is this a new thing or do all premium se Konas have this extra?

·
Registered
260 Posts
2019 SE Premium version was heated / ventilated front seats only.

John

·
Registered
514 Posts
My previous car a Hyundai IX35 which was not even top of the range but had heated front and rear seats so it was a bit of a comedown to only have heated front seats in the Kona -but then I do not sit in the back and the IX35 were only heated, not air-con as well.

So looks like they the bean counters have been persuaded by marketing to add some extras.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
No heated rear seats before the 2020 model. And seriously... why would you need them? I was glad not to see them on ours.

Reactions: wampa

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Does anyone know if the heated seats in Kia and Hyundai EVs have a thermostat? or are they just off and on like the MG ZS EV ?
The front ones on the 2019 Kona PSE have 3 heat settings and off (plus 3 cooling settings). I don't know if there is a thermostat involved.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did have heated rear seats in my Hyundai IX35. Since I make it a rule never to sit in the back of my own car I see no point.

I doubt there is a thermostat, good job there is a low setting.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Yes, there is a thermostat. It heats up at full power, then drops back the power depending on your heat setting. You can feel it kicking in and out over a long journey if you have it set on low, for instance.

Reactions: mikegs
1 - 10 of 10 Posts