Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve noticed this a few time now, with the heating on ECO, manually selected 3 ways for the air, middle fan speed and recirculation off, whilst the air con cycles on and off like normal, the actual heater won’t come on until the temperature is 21.5c or higher (temperature outside is 14c)

Does anyone else notice this, is there a reason ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you want to actually force the heating on, set it to max. On Eco it will allow a 2 degree setpoint window for the cabin temperature before activating the actual heating/cooling

·
Premium Member
9,672 Posts
Cabin Heating? In Sept? Goodness I avoided that even in December when I had my Ampera - preheat twice, hat, gloves, heated seat = EV range > 40 miles. Yeah, very sad but I became a tad OCD about not using Dino fuel. It worked as sold 2nd one with 200MPG lifetime, despite regular longer journeys!

However my OCD driven Ampera charging mania got a bit much, so you can understand why we got a Zoe ZE40 and more recently a Model 3 LR alongside 😀

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I’ve noticed this a few time now, with the heating on ECO, manually selected 3 ways for the air, middle fan speed and recirculation off, whilst the air con cycles on and off like normal, the actual heater won’t come on until the temperature is 21.5c or higher (temperature outside is 14c)

Does anyone else notice this, is there a reason ?

Thanks
Get used to it! The software controlling the climate system has a mind of its own.
Who on earth decided that we should not have a say regarding the Air Con running or not?
It often runs along with the heating and merrily wasting energy during a heating and cooling scrap.
I think it samples the interior temp and decides that 14C is plenty hot enough for you, even runs the bloody AC!

I've found that you need at least 22.5C to guarantee that the heater will work but not found a way to stop the AC yet as pulling a fuse somewhere will just give the computer apoplexy even in winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Russ
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing