Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 gen2 LEAF, when the car is unplugged in ready mode the heater works fine , set to 29 C on auto , after about 30 secs nice warm-hot air out of the vents. In the engine bay 2 big radiator fans running and one ac pipe hot one cold.

However when parked plugged in either 60% and charging or fully charged or unplugged fully charged. Activate Climate with timer or carwings, 3rd blue light blinks , Fan runs to screen/feet but it just blows cold air .

Temp is set to 28c in zero emmisions setting menu.

Fans in engine don't run

AC pipes are both cold.

What does the panel suggest, I suspect it's a fault.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2012 model and can activate the heating remotely when plugged in. It takes a few minutes but it will warm the car. I think it's pre set to around 20 degrees

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the Gen 2 LEAF has 2 types of heater in it , the heat pump that we all knew about and also a PTC heater which pre heats the fluid in the heater unit using just electric.

It's the PTC heater on my 2013 leaf that is not working , however the garage (Nissan Wirral) don't have the correct PPE (safety) equipment to take it any further.

This took 4 days so now I have to book it into another dealers in Liverpool. Booked for next Friday 19th Sept .

Will cross post this to PTC heater fault thread

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.