Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware of the generally poor review of the heating system but I'm just getting cold air now despite trying various settings. Booked into the dealer for Monday.
Anybody else had this problem ?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Mine took some experimenting, now just turn temp up full, a/c off, fan on, then all 3 direction buttons as desired. Now it's toasty , heats up quicker than an ice and no great affect on range..
(Same thing but pressing demist button also clears screen dead quick....) :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been experimenting as this will be my first winter with Zoe. Firstly, I recommend pre-conditioning when you know that it will be cold (check my picture for a recent frosty morning). Second, take it out of eco mode. Third, only have the fan on just under half speed, on mine I think this shows 4 green dots. I find that if the fan is on too fast the heat it pushes out is less than on slower speeds. I also press auto and wind it up to max speed. Unlike a PP, I find it's not as hot as my ICE car and the windows are more liable to mist, but the screen will clear quickly using the demister.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I made the mistake of thinking that the red light on the ac button meant it was on not off. Should of realised a little earlier as it was red.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice. Seems the trick is to have the blowers on low speed. Will cancel the appointment now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm aware of the generally poor review of the heating system but I'm just getting cold air now despite trying various settings. Booked into the dealer for Monday.
Anybody else had this problem ?
Hi Yes..

Pulled a fuse . Loud clunk from under bonnet.. now working.

It's one of the easy reach 10 Amp ..

Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
Still get it looked at by the dealer. When it is working properly, it certainly isnt poor. This has been discussed on another thread but it is usually because of a lack of refrigerants in the system (it uses a heat exchanger unlike a conventional heater system).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi , my Renault dealer not Good on repairing things that now work... If was a refrigerant problem. Would it not stay failed...know about the heat pump cheers... How do you find the heating system.. lots of people not that impressed..

·
Zoe Devotee
9,185 Posts
Hi , my Renault dealer not Good on repairing things that now work... If was a refrigerant problem. Would it not stay failed...know about the heat pump cheers... How do you find the heating system.. lots of people not that impressed..
I've found if you set it, leave it to do its thing and don't fiddle with it every 5 minutes then its really good. I used to crank it up to full, then when it blew hot and was cooking me I'd turn it down and then it would be rubbish.

Better to set it to 20-22degrees on auto and trust it. Car soon warms up nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've found if you set it, leave it to do its thing and don't fiddle with it every 5 minutes then its really good. I used to crank it up to full, then when it blew hot and was cooking me I'd turn it down and then it would be rubbish.

Better to set it to 20-22degrees on auto and trust it. Car soon warms up nicely.
Thanks Sandy.. yes just my experience.. got to hot .. turned it off ..then on...then nothing... Think mine could have locked up in eco mode..

Cheers

Richard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts