Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early September when there was Slight Chill in the Air, I switched on the Auto Climate Control set at 23C. The Car took ages to warm as the Fan was very slow. Increased the Temperature but Fan speed did not increase. If I set the temperature to H, still took ages before Fan sped up.
Previous 2 Winters, the Fan sped up very quick and the car heated almost immediately.

Anyone noticed similar issue?

Car is currently with local Dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Getafix,

I had one occasion a year or so ago when the car did not heat up on a journey - indeed it got colder. This only happened once though and I think (but can't find any notes, see below) that I mentioned it to my dealer but nothing was found (perhaps a case of if there's nothing in the logs, then nothing happened...)

In looking through my car folder, I did find that I raised the following issue 18 months ago, though:

"Manual activation of Auxiliary Air-Conditioning not working as expected
I am still working on identifying the exact behaviour of the Auxiliary Air-Con function. I still don’t think the compressor nor the heater works when the car’s plugged in (only the fan seems to come on) which is contrary to my expectations of the function – but it does seem to work when the car’s not plugged in (which is a bit bizarre as you can turn on the “ignition” when it’s not plugged in and you’d expect the air-con to work then!). I am in the process of acquiring a digital thermometer and hygrometer to give me a more definitive picture as testing all the scenarios is quite subjective, especially in hot weather."

Again, I don't think I got any definitive answer to this issue; nor, now that I think about it did I really follow this up - I no longer have many occasions when I get in the car whilst it's still charging as the public charging point I used to use, and where I noticed this bizarre behaviour, now has a flat rate of £4 and max 1 hour stay (which as you'll agree is not a great deal for A3 e-trons!).

Kind regards, Stefan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I am getting the same from the dealer, can't see anything in the Logs.

Have asked for another test. I have asked them to put the Car on charge and call me while the Technician is in the Car.
Then I will switch on the Heating from the App and see what happens. Would expect it to Start heating almost straight away as connected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts