Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are expecting to heat up to 60'C cars inside the paint booth, on disinfection purpose.

If anyone got any knowledge on how,
Hot weather/high temperature affect on cars ?.
affect on car parts?

Please advise.
Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,728 Posts
If you're trying to destroy Covid 19, then you'll need higher temperatures.

OOoooo, really!?

OK, well, that explains in one simple step why this virus is so problematic; resistant to heat.

Running a fever 'doesn't work' for this virus. Usually proteins unwind at over 40C, hence a fever as a defence mechanism to split open the virus shell.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,728 Posts
We are expecting to heat up to 60'C cars inside the paint booth, on disinfection purpose.

If anyone got any knowledge on how,
Hot weather/high temperature affect on cars ?.
affect on car parts?

Please advise.
Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
In principle, no effect. 'Western' cars are designed for this sort of temperature. But plastic trim materials, artificial seat covers, etc.. will begin to degrade. Ensure no plastic or foam materials are subjected to any pressures, like leaving something on the seats, or a seat belt tight against a cushion, release the parcel shelf, etc..

What the standard of car trim is like in Sri Lanka, however, I do not know, and in any case, the above is only to be taken "IMHO", I accept no liability for you doing this.

The main problem I can see is if it is an ICE and to make sure your fuel tank does not vent into a closed space. Even if nominally emptied, there will still be plenty enough vapour to enter the space. For this reason, I wouldn't do it.

Another solution would be to find bright UV lights and illuminate the interior of the cars that way. The Sun will do it, but most UV is filtered through the windows. Again, trim should be made immune to UV, but within limits and YMMV with local materials.

I would recommend just wiping down with a non-bleach based and non-chlorine based surface disinfectant.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts