Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to turn heating on when car was plugged in but blowing only cold air....

·
richi.uk
232 Posts
The heating will not work in ACC or ACC2 mode (and you will flatten the 12V auxiliary battery trying).

You either need to be showing the green READY symbol, which you can't do when plugged in, or use the timed heating control—via the MMCS or Remote app.

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Design 2.4
54 Posts
The heating will not work in ACC or ACC2 mode (and you will flatten the 12V auxiliary battery trying).

You either need to be showing the green READY symbol, which you can't do when plugged in, or use the timed heating control—via the MMCS or Remote app.
Richi I could do with some of your advice regarding heating.

Our 2020 Design model Mitsubishi no longer fit a heated windscreen.

No the weather and temperatures are dropping we are using the electric heating with aircon off, the PHEV is in normally D mode and B5, we are finding our range of the guessmeter is dropping 5 miles, but reality were were were getting around the 32 miles mark we are seeing around the 22 mile mark.

At some point I have to switch to save/charge mode to extend my range, but even when the engine is running the heating compared to my previous diesel cars is quite poor.

·
richi.uk
232 Posts
Heating shouldn't be poor. My 2014 gets roasting, with or without the engine.

As a diagnosis step, if you run the preheat for 10 minutes, does the car get nice and toasty? (Easiest way is via the Remote app, but the alternative is setting a timed preheat.) Don't forget to select heat, rather than cool 😷

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok I am going to give that a try

·
Registered
54 Posts
Heating shouldn't be poor. My 2014 gets roasting, with or without the engine.

As a diagnosis step, if you run the preheat for 10 minutes, does the car get nice and toasty? (Easiest way is via the Remote app, but the alternative is setting a timed preheat.) Don't forget to select heat, rather than cool 😷
Ok done that nice and toasty, I am going out on Sunday on a 70 mile journey, I will turn the heating up to 24 and see how it goes, thanks for your help I am still in that steep learning curve. Thanks to your help I ahave now got the towing down to a fine art.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts