Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Johannes Åddvard Yngvifreyr
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hej! I’m J A Y, But English name Jay will do :)

I have a passion for Hybrid and EV technology and the future for oss, I “support” EVERY manufacturer in this pursuit but when it comes to sport, I have to go Renault (Formula E) and for road use I obviously love Tesla (who doesn’t?) however I’ve never driven one so that’s abit wrong I guess

When I was a normal pistonhead I had a passion for VW, if they continue to up! their game I’m sure they’ll become my favourite EV company too!

I have quite a few questions regarding best ways for a young driver (20 nearly 21) to get an EV, at the moment they’re too expensive for mi but I do have a high wage, I’m considering finance or lease? Opinions?

I may just get a Gen1 Prius for a year or two and then go for a premium EV

Undecided as of yet

But anyways...Hei! Hvordan går det i dag?
(How’s today going?)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hello Johannes (Jay). Welcome to the forum.

Norway is leading the way in EV adoption, so you should be have plenty of choice in vehicles and charging infrastructure. Let us know what you decide.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Johannes (Jay). Welcome to the forum.

Norway is leading the way in EV adoption, so you should be have plenty of choice in vehicles and charging infrastructure. Let us know what you decide.
Thank you both and yes Norway is up about 44% on new EV sales at the moment which is great! But sadly I’m in the UK for the time being, I’m working for French enviro energy company ENGIE, soon up to Orkney and den to Danmark I think :) I do think whilst here in UK I’ll maybe go with an older Prius and then when I’m Europe I’ll go for a more expensive car but who knows ‍♂ I look forward to reading through this forum when I get the time :D

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if Norway is first for EVs, Orkney must be a strong contender for second. Jonathan Porterfield at www.eco-cars.net is driving the EV revolution up there.

Fully Charged has a short series about renewables on the islands:
Orkney Island of the Future series - YouTube
Yeah I think so! I love Orkney, my favourite place on Earth, and yeah they have to be close, I’ve watched that series closely and that YouTube channel infact, great stuff from Rob being produced and filmed so well for everyone to see

1 - 6 of 6 Posts