Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who don't have dynaudio & disappointed with the stock stereo. I can confirm you can definitely fit the Helix audio upgrade to an EGolf.

It’s a subwoofer and amplifier which reroutes the existing internal speakers through the amp for amplification and diverts the bass to the subwoofer in the rear boot.

Relatively easy to install (took me a couple of hours) comes with a plug and play harness. It’s pretty much official as it was a VW dealer install (documentation all VW branded). Bought from EBay from a VW dealer in Germany for around £300 inc delivery.

Car now sounds brilliant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Car now sounds brilliant.
There is also a programing update that goes along with the Helix sub to make it sound even better than what you have now. You can read about it here: https://stealthgti.com/2017/01/25/helix-sound-upgrade/ . There's a couple of programing dongles available to rent and you can get there here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45767 (EDIT: sorry, looks like that rental is to stay within the US. Might be worth searching for one that is rented out in the UK).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought mine fully programmed :)

Bought from a VW garage in Germany who got me to email my VIN before shipping.

When I get a chance I'll take a pic of it installed. Still very happy with it. Still highly recommend you do it if you get the chance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm very interested. I'm trying to find a such upgrade subwoofer , but all website does not mention e-golf as compatible.
Do you have the exact reference of your item or/and the german garage details ?
How the subwoofer is taking place in the trunck ? Does this reduce the available space?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the exact ebayer and item I bought. Believe they're a VW dealership in Germany. No complaints whatsoever. International delivery to me in the UK was less than a week. Yes, it doesn't say it's compatible with an E-Golf and I asked them myself & they said they couldn't confirm. But believe me it is :) Stereo wirings and systems between MK7 Golfs & EGolfs are the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@jb111s - does it fit under the false floor in the boot?

thanks
Yep. There's a spare wheel groove as such and holds perfectly in there. I can still put charging cables in the boot with it there. False floor fits over the top as well without issue, so not visible when opening the boot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fitted mine yesterday, significant improvements and really pleased with it. I followed the YouTube video on line and was quite straightforward to fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts