Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Hello David. Welcome to the forum. How many miles has your LEAF covered? Do you use it for all your car journeys?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello David. Welcome to the forum. How many miles has your LEAF covered? Do you use it for all your car journeys?
Hi Rob, thanks. I'm actually on my third Leaf, I've had my current Leaf since Jan 2013 and have done 17,000 miles since then. I use it for almost all journeys, I live in Newcastle and our furthest trip was a family visit to Edinburgh for a few days to visit my brother. Full car, 5 adults, dog and bags, charged on the way up and back and obviously at my brother's house, it wasn't a problem. Other than that trip I simply swap cars with my wife if I need to.
What's the Citroen like? I've only driven a Leaf so have no idea what the competition is like.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Ah three LEAFs - that's impressive loyalty! You're fortunate having well-developed charging infrastructure in the northeast.

For what we need, the C-Zero is fine. It's a 'second car' but gets used most – for going to work, shops and evenings out. We live a few miles outside the M25 so its range is sufficient for getting to Heathrow, central London and all the places we regularly visit.

It does all the EV things well - smooth and lively acceleration, quiet and good regen (only one option, equivalent to B mode). It's narrow, which is an advantage on the mix of narrow rural lanes and congested urban roads we use.

It lacks the sophistication and features of a LEAF. I envy your ability to set charging start times and to pre-heat or cool the car before a journey. It's range is also less - I work with a safe distance of 60 miles before recharging but that's quite cautious and I haven't found out how far it would go before it grinds to a halt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts