Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

'Hello' and Introduction to HERE Technologies

897 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Claire4HERE 
#1 ·
Hi there,
I've just joined the forum as I would love to be part of your community and engage with the members here. I also work for HERE Technologies - global leader in navigation and location technology (most notably we are in 4/5 in car navigation systems)
We publish some interesting articles on our HERE 360 Blog you might be interested in. And also have several other mapping and data visualisation data tools that may be of interest - Map Creator and our Developer Portal.
Happy to chat and give more details on the above :)
Thanks,
Claire

#2 ·
Hello @Claire4HERE ,

and welcome to the forum, I hope you find it interesting :)

So to help you feel at home in this bear pit I have a couple of questions for you. As an owner of a car which has HERE at the heart of its navigation system, it drives me crazy that I can't update the maps and navigation software without a visit to my local dealer. In markets other than Europe you allow owners to log in and download the updates for self updating.

The last time I took my car in to the dealer they tried to update the navigation and maps, but only succeded in breaking the system so it wouldn't navigate at all.

It took a second visit to get the full AVN update, software, firmware, Nav ap, and maps to get it working again. So do you have any plans to allow user updating?

Thanks, and stay safe

John.

#9 ·
Hello @Claire4HERE ,

and welcome to the forum, I hope you find it interesting :)

So to help you feel at home in this bear pit I have a couple of questions for you. As an owner of a car which has HERE at the heart of its navigation system, it drives me crazy that I can't update the maps and navigation software without a visit to my local dealer. In markets other than Europe you allow owners to log in and download the updates for self updating.

The last time I took my car in to the dealer they tried to update the navigation and maps, but only succeded in breaking the system so it wouldn't navigate at all.

It took a second visit to get the full AVN update, software, firmware, Nav ap, and maps to get it working again. So do you have any plans to allow user updating?

Thanks, and stay safe

John.
Hi John,
Thanks! :)
I'm afraid my forte is not in the in car update field as every OEM differs when they take the data from us and, as you say, from country to country, along with vehicle/infotainment type and model.
Sorry to hear about your dealership update woes there :-/
I can only direct you to Navigation Map Update | GPS Navigation System | HERE Technologies
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.