Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Purchased a 2015 24kw tekna with 36k miles and 12 bars for £6500.

Private sale. Vehicle clean and tidy. All service books etc, 2 keys.

Was advertised on eBay at £7k start bid and £8500 buy it now. Advert wasn’t the best but car was local so went to view after it had ended twice with no bids.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,892 Posts
I think that’s too high for 24kW Leaf. My Leaf30 is valued under 7k by WBAC so wouldn’t pay more for out of battery warranty car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,122 Posts
I’m shocked at how low the wbac values are on 30kw leafs! Mine was 9k

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
8500 does feel a bit high for a 24.

@JohnMars : What would you expect yours is worth? When i looked last year, i reconned my 2017 Tekna would maybe fetch 10k in a private sale. A year further on and a "quick sale" to WBAC for 9 doesnt seem miles out of whack? Theres a few traders on ebay selling around the 10-11k area. Private sales often go a bit less than Garages for various reasons, and WBAC are always going to pay a bit less for the convenience of a quick sale.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,892 Posts
I was checking last night. 40kWh Leaf on eBay for a 12.5k. Personally I wouldn’t go for Leaf24 unless it was cheap

·
Registered
222 Posts
We bought our 2015 Tekna 24 in November last year, it was £8200 had 40k miles, and has 12 bars. It was the spec we were looking for; Sonic blue with the 6kW charger. It was from JustEVs, so they delivered the car to our door, all nice and valeted, serviced, with a 3 month warranty. TBH it was pretty much like getting a new car. 5 months on we're still very happy with the car.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,122 Posts
8500 does feel a bit high for a 24.

@JohnMars : What would you expect yours is worth? When i looked last year, i reconned my 2017 Tekna would maybe fetch 10k in a private sale. A year further on and a "quick sale" to WBAC for 9 doesnt seem miles out of whack? Theres a few traders on ebay selling around the 10-11k area. Private sales often go a bit less than Garages for various reasons, and WBAC are always going to pay a bit less for the convenience of a quick sale.
I don't know, its just a shock to see how much your car devalues!

How long till a leaf 30 is selling or 2-3 K?

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,892 Posts
I don't know, its just a shock to see how much your car devalues!

How long till a leaf 30 is selling or 2-3 K?
I picked up Acenta Leaf30 for 15k in October 2018. It has dropped like a stone in value with new longer range a EVs everywhere

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I think that’s too high for 24kW Leaf. My Leaf30 is valued under 7k by WBAC so wouldn’t pay more for out of battery warranty car
I wouldn't take too much notice of EV valuations of WBAC, unless you plan to sell your car to them... ;)

I got far more trading my Ion in on the Leaf (let alone a private sale where I could have got more) than WBAC suggested. I don't recall the exact WBAC figure but I think it was barely over half what I actually got for the trade in!

Despite new long range EV's being around now they're still damn expensive and very new so not down into the low cost 2nd hand market yet, so there is still a strong demand for EV's in the 6-15k range especially as a 2nd car.

·
Registered
Leaf 30kWh, HS PHEV
2,892 Posts
I wouldn't take too much notice of EV valuations of WBAC, unless you plan to sell your car to them... ;)

I got far more trading my Ion in on the Leaf (let alone a private sale where I could have got more) than WBAC suggested. I don't recall the exact WBAC figure but I think it was barely over half what I actually got for the trade in!

Despite new long range EV's being around now they're still damn expensive and very new so not down into the low cost 2nd hand market yet, so there is still a strong demand for EV's in the 6-15k range especially as a 2nd car.
Of course I’m not planning on selling it any time soon. I do wish I hadn’t picked up used Outlander last year - could have picked up company car this year

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,122 Posts
Of course I’m not planning on selling it any time soon. I do wish I hadn’t picked up used Outlander last year - could have picked up company car this year

Same - Im going to keep my Leaf now until I move house with off road parking, not even looking et but will prolly be in the next 5-6 years, so not before my battery warranty expires then will get a nice new long range EV - should have 100kw batteries by then!

And my poor leaf will probably have about 10kw usable!

Reactions: Hermit Dave
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.