Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been a regular browser on this site for several weeks now, and have decided now to join up and contribute where I can because I now have my first EV on order.

Currently I drive a Peugeot 3008 GTI, diesel. Must admit, I have enjoyed this car - my missus thinks it is the best car I have ever had. I have never considered myself to be a green freak, but it has to be said that lockdown, and the improvement it brought to the local environment, has taught me to appreciate that we need to do things differently. So I have already had solar installed and having now spent literally hours! researching, to the complete distraction of my long suffering wife, I am convinced that this is the most exciting change of car I am anticipating since I bought my first one, ooh, many years ago. Honestly, I can't stress just how much research I have done - I reckon I have watched nearly every EV related video on YT.

It has to be said that, in normal non covid times, I don't fit the profile of the driver for which an EV is ideal as I do work around the country, although not as much as I used to do in years past. I used to be a 30k miles a year guy - now its more like 18k. Nevertheless, I will sometimes need to get up close and personal with the vagaries of the public charging network. The bad rep on the state of it can be a bit off putting, but I am pushing it to the back of my mind and am willing to accept that sometimes I will be more inconvenienced that if I had an ICE, but that it is a price worth paying. I have already downloaded and registered for 5 charging apps and have already had 3 RFID cards delivered!

So, the diesel has to go. Kia E-Niro 4+, 2021 model on order, hoping to have it by the end of the year. Can't wait.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hello and welcome. Plenty of useful information and helpful people here. I'm three years into Zoe ownership, would hate to go back to visiting petrol/diesel shops.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome. Pretty sure you won't regret it!

Reactions: DSLRed

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,627 Posts
Welcome along. Pretty sure you will be fine. The range on the Niro is great. If you really want an easy life and your day is longer than your range just consider charging at about 100 miles left and you will have so much in reserve in case you encounter a busy or duff charger you can still have enough left to reach another half a dozen chargers!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,

I have been a regular browser on this site for several weeks now, and have decided now to join up and contribute where I can because I now have my first EV on order.

Currently I drive a Peugeot 3008 GTI, diesel. Must admit, I have enjoyed this car - my missus thinks it is the best car I have ever had. I have never considered myself to be a green freak, but it has to be said that lockdown, and the improvement it brought to the local environment, has taught me to appreciate that we need to do things differently. So I have already had solar installed and having now spent literally hours! researching, to the complete distraction of my long suffering wife, I am convinced that this is the most exciting change of car I am anticipating since I bought my first one, ooh, many years ago. Honestly, I can't stress just how much research I have done - I reckon I have watched nearly every EV related video on YT.

It has to be said that, in normal non covid times, I don't fit the profile of the driver for which an EV is ideal as I do work around the country, although not as much as I used to do in years past. I used to be a 30k miles a year guy - now its more like 18k. Nevertheless, I will sometimes need to get up close and personal with the vagaries of the public charging network. The bad rep on the state of it can be a bit off putting, but I am pushing it to the back of my mind and am willing to accept that sometimes I will be more inconvenienced that if I had an ICE, but that it is a price worth paying. I have already downloaded and registered for 5 charging apps and have already had 3 RFID cards delivered!

So, the diesel has to go. Kia E-Niro 4+, 2021 model on order, hoping to have it by the end of the year. Can't wait.
So, as a quick update - decided the cancel the eNiro 4+ order for several reasons

1. In the current climate, in the end, I could not justify to myself the cost to change.

2. I prefer the slightly off the wall styling of the Soul, although I appreciate it's not for everyone.

3. I can get a Soul for 32k. That's 4.5k less than the Niro, which makes my cost to look more reasonable.

So, I get my Soul hopefully in less than 2 weeks. Happy days.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My wife and I had a few hours test drive of a new Kia Soul EV last week, what a great car, we love the looks, the technology, and the range is simply awesome. It's on our shortlist for the next replacement EV. IMHO you've made a good choice, enjoy.

Reactions: DSLRed
1 - 6 of 6 Posts