Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm urpert, I live on the SE London fringes (Beckenham), and after a year or so of dithering about buying an EV I've finally taken the plunge and ordered an Ampera. (Pure EV wouldn't work for me at the moment as we have no off street parking at all and I'm reliant on public charge points at work.)

I'm collecting the Ampera next weekend with any luck so I'm sure there will be more questions to come!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I'm also a massive coffee nerd if there's anyone of that persuasion on here.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Welcome, thanks for the insight.
Sounds like much the same reasons that I went for the ampera.
I drink a mixture of green tea and straight black coffee. No expert, but if it's strong and Italian, it normally keeps me happy. :)

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

It did end up pretty much being a short list of one - I work (and my parents live) in the congestion charge zone and we have 2 small boys, so there isn't really anything else that would work. (I tested an i3 REX, which I liked a lot, but the current willingness of Vauxhall dealers to haggle made the price difference more than I could possibly justify.)

I suppose the landscape might change quite a bit in the coming months if the VW/Audi plug-ins turn out to be any good (and realistically priced).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts