Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Welcome Mark

Great to see another Ampera owner on here, hopefully we will see some more as they get delivered and owners find the site.

Based on my experiences so far and assuming you will be driving in London traffic, you should make most of your commute on EV. After 10 years of a big ICE, it may take you a while to adjust your driving style to get high 40s ;-)

Regards

Paul R

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Mark,

Windows Phone 7.5 only supports HF mode so no point in trying SAP mode. I have a Samsung Omnia 7 so will try that at the week-end so we can see if it is a generic Windows Phone issue or specific to the Nokia.

The Nokia is a nice phone and I had thought of getting it, but I wanted to use SAP in the Ampera so went for the Samsung Note :)

Regards

Paul R

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Mark,

I have now tested the Samsung Omnia 7 (Windows Phone 7.5) using Bluetooth hands free mode.

I can confirm it DOES work for both making and receiving calls from the car and accessing the phone book.

I recommend you contact Nokia service and report the issue as they may be able to fix it in the next update.

Regards

Paul

· Premium Member
12,845 Posts
Paul C

I think saying you need a dedicated circuit for charging at 10A is a bit extreme.

Where the garage sockets are connected to a 16A MCB in the house consumer unit (or a dedicated garage one) and there is minimal other load on the circuit, I can't see any issue.

I do agree with Vauxhall that it is a good idea to have the circuit professionally checked, especially if it is an older installation.

Cheers

Paul R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.