Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I thought I'd introduce myself.

I've just purchased my first ever EV - an ex demonstrator Hyundai Ioniq, should arrive on Friday. Getting my home charger installed tomorrow (EO Mini Pro 2) and awaiting a smart meter from Octopus so I can switch to Octopus Go (still no date for the smart meter!).

Not doing much driving at the minute with working from home but my work has free electric chargers so felt it was the right time to switch and I jumped on the energy savings trust loan (I'm in Scotland). I've not driven the car so a little nervous but did a huge amount of reading up reviews and YouTube videos before I took the plunge. Pretty excited to be changing car - something to look forward to after this dismal last year.

Thanks for reading,

D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi D^2. Welcome from another newbie without an EV :)

The Ioniq looks like a brilliant choice. Have you seen Bjorn Nyland's videos of it. He drives just about every EV going and has a lot of good things to say about it.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
608 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A fine choice and some good deals on them at the moment. I'm sure you'll love driving it, plenty of gadgets and the silence and smoothness still keep me entertained in mine even after a year. Just haven't got to drive it as much as I planned!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Forgot to ask whether you've had 'The Conversation' with the dealer about the recall for battery replacement (due to risk of fire), and whether your Ioniq is one of the affected ones?

Not trying to rain on your parade, but it's better to have this chat sooner than when their workshop is full of other customer's cars.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
You'll find a lot of stuff on ioniqforum.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts