Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while I wait for the delivery of my Leaf, I thought I would drop in and say hi.

I've got a 32A home charger installed and ready to go, just need to see about cards for public charging points and I will be all ready for the car.

I'm not doing patience very well at the moment.
Peter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome to the Electric Vehicle users group, looks like you have it sorted. We had our charger installed after we bought the car, and used a socket for the first few months. Have to say the charger makes a big difference, we can now come home and re-charge within a shorter time to allow us to use the car more frequently.
Cards required depends on where you are and where you are travelling to. I would suggest at least to get an Ecotricity card for access to the rapid chargers at the motorway and IKEA.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Welcome - you've come to the right place to learn how to get the best from your purchase!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the welcome.

@Paul I don't know exactly, but it should be near the end of the month.

@E.Oosterhoorn I plan to get at least an Ecotricity card and a Source East card. After that i'll see how I go.

@Jason Wallace Yes, 6.6kw Leaf in Magnetic Red, I think they call it. Colour chosen to impress our 4yo, as she said she knew we were getting a red car. :)

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, after I pick the Leaf up tomorrow, 3 neighbours want to go for a spin, and when I'm back to work Thursday 8 colleagues are going to be waiting for me in the car park to cast an eye over it.

I think Nissan need to use this in their advertising- Owning an EV makes you more popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts