Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Welcome Jordan, I’m sure the charging section of this forum will give you some good ideas for topics to cover for future videos 👍

It’s good to see your charger installs, gives us an insight into which products might be better designed, durable than others.

Zappi seems to be the gold standard with maybe Anderson top for asthetics. Would be good to hear who you consider to be best of the rest 😀

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
612 Posts
Really enjoy your YouTube videos. I never thought I could spend that much time watching somebody replace a consumer unit!

Reactions: Mike Schooling

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,904 Posts
Welcome.

I know you’re going to have fun here, what with all the posts about how much a properly installed EVSE costs. ;)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,161 Posts
Welcome aboard!

(I may have sent one or two SpeakEV members your way regarding Zappi installs)

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
489 Posts
👋 Hi Jordan, I've enjoyed watching your videos I found them really useful when I was researching EVSEs. I went for a Zappi in the end even though I don't have PV and probably wont for a little while yet just seems the best and safest one on the market at the moment.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Hi Jordan, welcome! I must confess :eek: to grabbing 1 still frame from a video of yours, and posting it in here to show the problem of the Rolec RCBO with the green text! We already had a shed-load of pics of the blue-text earlier ones which go up in smoke, and I considered this a safety thing that needed to be better known!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome Jordan, they will find you plenty of problems to sort out on here on the E/V electrics no doubt. (I didn't go for the Car2Grid I spoke to you about on E-mail they have delayed it until July/august time) all the best Gerald Tomson.

·
Registered
Jaguar I-Pace SE
55 Posts
Hi Jordan, I am in Saffron Walden so not far from you. I am planning to move from a PHEV to full EV this year but will need to upgrade my existing 3.6kWh PodPoint charger to 7kWh. I watched one of your videos and got my DNO to upgrade my mains fuse and meter tails in preparation. Now I need to decide whether to simply upgrade to a new PodPoint unit or whether to go for something different. Do you have any views on the best chargers at the moment?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts