Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my Ampera Elctron up last Tuesday, having had my name down for about 18 months!

It's everything I'd hoped for and more, although I have to admit I'm still finding out a lot of stuff from the Owners Manual, which takes a bit of reading and re-reading!

The only thing I'd suggest potential buyers watch out for are sleeping policemen, as the front spoiler bib is very low and catches quite easily unless you go very slowly. I guess it's no different to my previous car (a Boxster) which did the same though.

I've covered over 400 miles already (and used less than 4.5 gallons)

I'm recently retired (from Vauxhall Head Office) and based in Milton Keynes.

I hope to enjoy a subsidy/support from the local council who are offering a "Plugged-in Places" grant for home Charging units but they are still revising the Ts & Cs for this fiscal year. When I have details I guess I'll finally make up my mind, but any experience of the various home charger units anyone else has, would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Welcome Big Paul!

I am sitting hear wishing I had taken delivery of mine already but I only have about 9 days to go. :mrgreen:

My wife had a Lotus Elan S2 a few years ago and she mentioned the front splitter and how low it is. With her Lotus she had to have a chunk of drive removed so she could get it into her garage! We won't have that problem as we use our garage as a extra storage room rather than for storing cars but we do have a lot, and I mean a lot, of speed bumps so we will have to be careful.

Am I right in saying that it is floppy and just flops back into place :?:

Petrol use sounds great :D

There is a lot to learn with the Ampera so I think this forum might be a big help for some.

Welcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paul Churchley said:
Am I right in saying that it is floppy and just flops back into place :?:
Welcome Big Paul

Yes the front splitter is very low but is floppy. I've fitted the splitters on PDI's I've done.

So far I love the car but haven't been able to drive it very long distances.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts