Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I wanted to stop in and introduce myself, having recently taken the plunge to leave Amazon after several years launching and running the Amazon Locker project and join Engenie to roll out rapid chargers across the UK.

Our chargers, though few in number today, are accessible to all - with contactless payment and no connection fee, no need for RFID card or membership - with both AC and DC connectivity. We were backed by Investec earlier in the year, which allows us to offer a fully-funded installation for landlords and I will be finding sites and rapidly deploying chargers as quickly as possible.

Enough of the sales pitch! What I'm really interested in is being an active part of this group. I believe that this is one of the most informed, fun, socially-conscious and passionate EV groups out there and there is no substitute for listening to the needs and concerns of EV drivers. I'll try to be available to answer questions you might have wherever possible, but wanted to join for myself as much as for Engenie, as I take the plunge into buying an EV (2 kids under 3 with the needs of car seats and more stuff than I ever imagined!) and over time time will be asking for advice!

Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I invested fairly heavily in Engenie a few years back, and nothing has seemed to happen since (only single figures of chargers installed, and the map taken off the website). I invested in part because it was indicated that there was about to be a partnership to roll out charge points to Tesco stores but that never happened.

Are things going to improve?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
@TVEV this has already been covered as at some point they will move to a per kWh charge plan.

For my input I would simply ask this, could the charge be halfed to £2 for 30minute sessions instead as this would mean much higher footfall at your site's as not many cars can make full use of an hour's rapid and this makes it seem more reasonable to people, albeit still cheap compared to most, but it allows those with sub 35kwh batteries to get a fair old amount of rapid in them and I dare say there would be a lot more profit in it. As an example if ask the Wilmslow site be trialed on this for a few months and see how it goes as it's hardly used now it's £4 fee has come in and speaking to other drivers this would make more sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts