Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since the Dutch LEAF user forum is pretty much in coma, I'd like to join the EV people in the UK for sharing information and experiences.

I'm about to order the Nissan LEAF on a lease. Expecting to drive about 30000km power YEAR, most of it in my daily commute of about 110km + some work related trips. With charging available at home and office (quick charging network also being rolled out along the high ways) I have little to no cause for range anxiety.

Looking forward to informative and fun discussions here!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Since the Dutch LEAF user forum is pretty much in coma, I'd like to join the EV people in the UK for sharing information and experiences.

I'm about to order the Nissan LEAF on a lease. Expecting to drive about 30000km power YEAR, most of it in my daily commute of about 110km + some work related trips. With charging available at home and office (quick charging network also being ruled out along the high ways) I have little to no cause for range anxiety.

Looking forward to informative and fun discussions here!
Welcome - I guess you may not have started using them I would be interested to know how the Dutch are taking to these FastNed fuelling stations ( http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.php/16301-Travelling-Abroad-Why-Not!?p=67330&viewfull=1#post67330 ) I presume you meant before auto-correct "quick charging network also being rolled out".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and yes I meant 'rolled out' with an eye on Fastned. No experience with them yet, and there are only 9 stations currently. They had an IPO this week aiming to raise €4m to expand rapidly.

I don't anticipate using them a lot, since I'll have charging at home and work. Also a bit put off by their €0.69 / kWh rate (about 3x regular consumer rate), but I guess it's very good to have them around for emergencies or special long trips .

It seems the Ecotricity network on UK highways is already more developed ...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Welcome to Speak EV @Bilgy_no1 nice to have more international members joining lately.

It's great that you have charging available at home AND at work, don't know how common workplace charging is in The Netherlands, but it still seems very rare here in the UK!

The Ecotricity network is growing tremendously lately, although reliability has been a major issue, that has also greatly improved. Makes a big difference when it comes to "out of range" journeys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to Speak EV @Bilgy_no1 nice to have more international members joining lately.

It's great that you have charging available at home AND at work, don't know how common workplace charging is in The Netherlands, but it still seems very rare here in the UK!

The Ecotricity network is growing tremendously lately, although reliability has been a major issue, that has also greatly improved. Makes a big difference when it comes to "out of range" journeys.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Workplace charging is really taking off due to tax incentives that are focused on corporate users. The Mitsubishi Outlander phev is one of the most popular cars (not just ev) at the moment for people driving a corporate lease car, so they also want to be able to charge at work.

There will be 10-20 charging points in the office building where I work sometime later this year. And with a full charge from there I expect to be able to make all my work related trips. But I'll start a sanity check post in the Nissan forum later.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bilgy I was thinking some time to drive up from Newcastle/ Amsterdam ferry terminal to visit a museum in Hoorn and I see from your map that there are nearly 20 charging points located in what I take to be a small town.
Can you clarify though what the symbols here mean 7 kW type 2 ?)
http://www.oplaadpalen.nl/paal/jqmdetails/47459
Yes, when you go to the filter page, you can see what the symbols mean:

www.oplaadpalen.nl/mobile/#filter

The charging symbol on the charger you sent means that there's between 3.6 and 20 kW charging. Probability that's 7.2kW in most instances, since 11kW seems to be quite rare still.

The plug is Mennekes Type 2

There are all kinds of facilities shops, restaurants, public transport etc. nearby.

The logos in the field titled 'Passen' indicates which charging cards you can use the. I don't know how that works for international cars. You could get in touch with The New Motion to find out.

I think the green car means it's a charger for cars, as opposed to bikes and scooters.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yes, when you go to the filter page, you can see what the symbols mean:

www.oplaadpalen.nl/mobile/#filter

The charging symbol on the charger you sent means that there's between 3.6 and 20 kW charging. Probability that's 7.2kW in most instances, since 11kW seems to be quite rare still.
Thanks - beginning to understand what the term "double dutch" might mean.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to let you all know that I pulled the trigger and ordered the LEAF! Very excited about it and looking forward to receiving it. Next step is getting the charger installed...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Paul, thanks! They're saying 12-13 weeks, but I think that's on the safe side. I'll be away for most of September, so I guess I'll take delivery at the end of that month or in October. By that time, there should also be charging at the office.

I went for the white Accenta, with beige interior. Will be like driving in a cloud... No further options, so it's also just the 3.6kW charger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts