Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met EUNicholas at a charge point last week who told me about this forum. Nice easy to use site.
2012 ex demo pearl white Leaf, 8000 miles in first 6 months. Currently driving a Tekna whilst the on board car charger is being repaired/replaced under warranty. Thanks Westway Nissan Oxford.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Met EUNicholas at a charge point last week who told me about this forum. Nice easy to use site.
Hi GBEV, welcome - warmer days will soon be here - how about the Hook Norton EV Rally?
See you there!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi GBEV, welcome - warmer days will soon be here - how about the Hook Norton EV Rally?
See you there!
It is even warmer in France even at 2000m recently but I agree Euro 10.50 a pint gets a little tiresome!
Denmark sounds like a great option for an EV adventure. Massive infrastructure and few cars according to a knowledgeable EV Dane on transport evolved. What do you know about that?

·
Banned
558 Posts
It is even warmer in France even at 2000m recently ...
Denmark sounds like a great option for an EV adventure. ...What do you know about that?
Glad France was good - I guess good piste made up for the beer price!
I have a acquaint with Denmark - but both time were sailing trips! Sailing was great - lots of wind, but lots of shallow (muddy) water! However, beer and dining-out were Scandinavian prices! That would rule it out!
If you got that way - my recommendation might be to carry on to Sweden. But then again beer price could spoil everything!
West Belgium would be better - Ostend, Knokke, Brugges, Antwerp and Ghent! The beer is a gastronomic experience - try the Gueze, or the Kriek - there are looks of Abbey beers to be worshipped!
However. the best EV short / long break is probably always going to be Brittany! No need to travel far re-charge at the hotel (if necessary) and spend the days 'in harbour'!
I'll give you a report on Harris, Lewis, Skye, Islay and Arran in the next few weeks!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad France was good - I guess good piste made up for the beer price!
I have a acquaint with Denmark - but both time were sailing trips! Sailing was great - lots of wind, but lots of shallow (muddy) water! However, beer and dining-out were Scandinavian prices! That would rule it out!
If you got that way - my recommendation might be to carry on to Sweden. But then again beer price could spoil everything!
West Belgium would be better - Ostend, Knokke, Brugges, Antwerp and Ghent! The beer is a gastronomic experience - try the Gueze, or the Kriek - there are looks of Abbey beers to be worshipped!
However. the best EV short / long break is probably always going to be Brittany! No need to travel far re-charge at the hotel (if necessary) and spend the days 'in harbour'!
I'll give you a report on Harris, Lewis, Skye, Islay and Arran in the next few weeks!
Yes, love Brittany idea. Reminds me of the saying "All the best airfields in Southern Britain are in Northern France";).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The first (and last?) time I organised an EV meet I had about 20 different respondents say they would come to the venue.
Three turned up on the Saturday despite perfect weather and it being next to two working rapid chargers and with good catering facilities on site free 13 amp charging and a free guided tour.
The curry house used afterwards in legendary.
OK it was December but <6;1 ratio due to no shows!
You know who you are......:rolleyes:.
Shame as it rules that excellent venue out from taking us seriously:(.
There are no free and/or reliable charge points in easy driving distance from Hook Norton but there is a brewery with beer tasting and a paid tour!! http://www.hooky.co.uk/
There are also lots of good B&Bs locally who are normally willing to let you stick your EVSE lead through a window;).
And.......there is a scenic Leaf tour between 2 rapids

http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.php/12643-The-great-Xmas-shopping-escape-day-HMC-EV-meet-up-Dec-7th-2013?p=48149&viewfull=1#post48149

So, stick a pin in the centre of a map of England half way between London and Birmingham and it will be near Hook Norton.
Yes you could cruise by Jeremy Clarkson's house and take a selfie too.
So, having taken leave of my senses who would be in for certain and willing to pay me for the brewery tour up front for £11.50 or less if there are enough of you?
Date(s) to be confirmed :cool:.
Perhaps we should invite Jeremy Clarkson...seriously, I have met him and I think he enjoys a drink;). But please don't let your answer be swayed in any way by celebrity:p.
Oh, and unlike gov'mint at least I know how to organise a P**s up in a brewery :D:cool:.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd be up for an Oxfordshire meet up, probably not bothered about meeting Clarkson though.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I'm slightly concerned at the idea of meeting for a brewery tour, nothing wrong with the idea of the tour, just that it sends the wrong message for a group of drivers.

As for getting Clarkson, if you can do it and there's a wicker man involved as well then I'm all for it.

Reactions: Paul
1 - 14 of 14 Posts