Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just placed a deposit on a 2013 Acenta, should be ready for pick up next week. Collection from Oldham.

Ordered a CYC & Ecotricity card, I'm I right in saying I will only require a type 2 cable for the public charging units? If so I guess the 32A will cover most/all required units?

Home survey booked for next week, then hopefully charge point to follow soon after. I've also asked my employer to install a charge point which they happy to do!

Lee

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum :)

Great news on your Acenta :)

The type2 cable is needed to charge at 7kW public charging stations but depending on what charging station you choose at home it could also be used at home.

Home charging stations can have a tethered cable which is permanently attached to the station or you could if you wanted choose to have a station with just a type 2 socket. Then your type 2 cable could be used at home.

The benefit of having a type 2 socket at home is that if someone else visits your house with an EV that doesn't use a J1772 on their car then if they have a type 2 cable for their car then they will be able to charge at your house.

My personal preference is a fixed cable at home but that is just my preference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for info Paul, I think I will wait until I speak to the surveyor next week before buying anything if at all!

My plans are to try and free load as much as possible with the use of as many local charge points as possible and the unit at work (once installed). On my return journey from work, I pass HQ where I know there are several rapid charge points, of which is only approx 3 mile from home!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts