Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I ordered my leaf from Wessex Nissan Cardiff last week. So I thought I would introduce myself.

My leaf should be ready November, ordered through the Motability scheme. I really want to be as prepared as possible for a new way of thinking for driving.

I am a commuter, 25-30 mile round trip everyday (plus a bit if I have to collect samples or go to meetings during the day).

I have had some bizarre hostility already, including my brother in-law referring to it as a milk float.

I would love to hear from anyone else from South Wales or Disabled Leaf users on tips and tricks for getting the most out of your EV.

Looking forward to having a good read through lots of your posts, and hopefully contributing usefully in the future.

Jo :)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Welcome Jo.

You will come across a lot of hostility, you just need to take them for a spin in the car and you will see them changing their mind once you put your foot to the floor ha.

30 miles commute is no problem for the LEAF. You will have another 50 miles remaining once you get home.

Depending where you live in RCT you will find if you need a bit of extra range when driving home from UWH you can pop into Cardiff west services for a rapid charge on the Ecotricity charger.

I have a commute of 50 miles a day. Majority of it is on the M4 @ 70-80mph which isn't ideal for EV range. I usually come home with about 30-40% charge remaining. 25-35% in winter.

Again if you have any questions regarding your new purchase I'm sure the lovely people of SpeakEV will have the have the answer ☺

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Jo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Jo, I second what Dean said... Take them for a spin. If these were around when Ernie delivered milk, he really would have been the fastest milkman in the west! Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts