Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I got my new Ampera on Friday (27th June) an I love it.

There are one or two things that I think I'll miss from the Prius that I had for the past three years, like the heads up display, a decent sat-nav and being able to play music off my phone via bluetooth etc. Having said that I won't miss the engine kicking in as soon as you accelerate or after half a mile of being oh so gentle!

I travel 17 miles down the motorway to work each day so I'm hoping to be well within range and 95% or more of my journeys will be purely on electricity.

Two things I've noticed though that I'm not sure about. Firstly, I know it's summer but I tried the heater and all I can get out is cold air. Not sure if it's a fault or I'm just being stupid or not leaving it long enough. Secondly, in the cars we had on test drives there was a board with a pocket on that bridged the two back seats. My car doesn't have one, should I contact the dealer?

Paul

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Did you get it from Pentagon Sheffield?

Yes..it should have heat...although I've been wanting COLD air since I got mine. I tried the pre heat though and it was giving out warm air instantly (whilst plugged in). That will be very handy in winter.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,660 Posts
Select the temperature then hit 'Auto'. The rear close out panel is an accessory but will not fit for the newer models with the rear armrest instead of the two cup holders.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I have a fabric boot tidy thing that I got years ago from Aldi. It has velcro strips. I've put it between the two seats in the boot. Just right size. Functional and aesthetic. I may post a pic in due course.

People moan about the trampoline, but it's lighter than a parcel shelf and has more flexibility than a rigid item.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help everyone. Yes Brooktop, I did get it through Sheffield. The MyApmera helpline have confirmed that they don't come with the close out panel any more, which is a shame as now there's a gaping hole into the boot. I guess I'll look into making one one day. I've reported the heating as a fault and I'm waiting for Pentagon to get back to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts