Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first of all excuse my bad English.. After that, I want to talk about me, I'm a Spaniards inventor, who recently have Patented a safety parking for kick scooters ev. (and other small ev) my design is absolutely new and have collateral advantages for all the parts evolved.
This is a message in a bottle.
If the right person/company read this, please contact me.
It's a big business here. And good for everybody. Believe me :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Hello, as another inventor, I've had a few of my ideas patented by the company I worked for. Assuming the Patent system is reasonably standardised across Europe, you'll find that getting initial patent cover isn't to expensive, but the fees to get worldwide protection (China, USA, ...) are high, and I seem to recall there are renewal fees of some kind to be paid. So it all gets rather tricky & expensive I'm sad to say, though the initial bit is easy. You might want to get a Patent Attorney to draft the application - the words can be rather technical and you need to try to cover all the angles and subtleties.

We have a TV series here, called Dragon's Den, where prospective inventors such as yourself can present new ideas to wealthy entrpreneurs with business knowledge & experience, in return for a share of the company. This has been very successful for some bright inventors & designers! One of the main questions they ask is whether you have patent protection, so if you really believe in your idea (and please do NOT publish the details of it, here or anywhere else), you would do well to get the initial patent application submitted - the initial stages of this are not that expensive. It's the later worldwide stuff that starts costing lots. These entrepreneurs also like it if you've made some initial designs, and ideally have a contract to supply some locally, or have sold some already (eBay etc). So you do need some kind of patent protection in place.

I don't know if you have a similar program in Spain, but you might watch some episodes on youtube - sure to be some there, and they'll give you an idea of what these Venture Capital type people are looking for. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Concerning your idea itself, obviously I have zero knowledge about it, but I do have some thoughts.

1) The electric scooter market is likely to be huge - there are quite a few small companies here in UK starting to import these, most are road-legal (or hoped to be, after some testing etc) and these look like the Vespa scooters, or like small motorbikes etc. So the growing market is good for you, and I expect mediterranean countries will grow really well.

2) Scooter prices will be competitive, so if you idea adds to the cost of the scooter, that's a problem.

3) If you idea saves money and looks good, the far eastern manufacturers are happy to copy it if at all possible, and you might have an expensive legal battle to defend your patent. You will need some powerful allies.

4) I've owned motorbikes, and one problem I had was parking on steep slopes where there's no handbrake. Using the side-stand with the bike pointing downhill could feel dangerous. My solution was to use a strong rubber O-ring around the front brake lever so this made a handbrake on the front wheel. Motorbike mfrs often do this to their bikes in transit. Far cheaper than having some add-on clever device, even if one had been available. So you just might be competing against some simple diy work-around ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts