Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What a great forum, loads of info. Awaiting delivery of my Ampera Electron. It was due to be delivered on the 19th but is delayed until mid October :( I am a company car driver and do about 30000 miles PA but given the low BIK still makes sense. Not sure what the Ampera will be like after 100,000 miles though. My regular commute is 160 miles but I can charge at work so not too bad.
I've driven a few Ampera and had one on loan for a week and managed 74mpg on the 160 mile round trip to work or 118 mpg with charging up at work so even though the journeys are a bit longer it still beats my current car a BMW 1 Series diesel which is pretty good at 65mpg.
Anyway can't wait and just wanted to say Hi.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Sounds great! You should halve your commute costs being able to charge at work and have the pleasure of EV driving too... perfect :)

Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
6,401 Posts
Welcome…….

I am planning on the Volt lasting well over 100000 miles, I hope that GM's ott battery management means it should be ok.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:( 2 days before delivery I get an e-mail saying it's been delayed by another week. On the plus side they put the reg number on the e-mail so I done a bit of searching and it's definitely a MY13

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I notice my car does not have lane departure or road sign recognition, one of the Ampera's I tried last year did have. Mine is a MY 2013 although the build date is Sept 2012. Was there a later revision? I notice lane departure and sign recognition is not listed as a feature on the website but is listed in the handbook.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Not heard of sign recognition, but the lane departure would be an optional extra I presume...
To be honest, I have the positiv which had more toys than I have had on a car for maybe 15 years !

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking forward to the first proper drive tomorrow, spent about 3hrs sat in it this afternoon playing and loading the HDD with some tunes :) Its going to get some use over the next few days, a 180 mile single leg trip to kick off.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I notice my car does not have lane departure or road sign recognition, one of the Ampera's I tried last year did have. Mine is a MY 2013 although the build date is Sept 2012. Was there a later revision? I notice lane departure and sign recognition is not listed as a feature on the website but is listed in the handbook.
Hi @millermilla
The later cars have a rear armrest.
I think the lane departure and road sign recognition kit is only on the US versions although you obviously drove one over here with it installed.
Having driven mine for around 1,500 miles, it is the best car by far that I have ever owned and my last car was an M3.

So much fun for so little cost. Very few downsides although the satnav voice will make you jump when you first hear her octave change as she uses text to voice when naming roads.
Pity we cannot turn off that unnecessary feature.

Reactions: Lee Dalton
1 - 20 of 21 Posts