Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A belated hello, as I've already posted a couple of times.

Anyway, I'm Eugene, an EV enthusiast, glider pilot and writer (not necessarily in that order). I'm very impressed with this forum's technology, organisation and enthusiasm ... long may it last. In our EV family, we have a Nissan Leaf (Gen 2, recently upgraded from a Gen 1 only because the deal was so good), a Tesla Roadster for when the sun is shining, and ... imminently ... a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (to tow the glider). Have a feeling that the Outlander may be the last car I ever buy with an internal combustion engine ...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Hello - and welcome to this forum! I'm also a relatively new poster, but have been lurking a while.

We're heading to the Bishops Cleeve area for a weekend away shortly and hope to be able to take our Leaf to explore the great countryside in your area.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Hello and welcome @Eugene Lambert and thanks for the compliments re: the forum...

That's a very cool and pragmatic EV fleet you're building there. Hopefully you'll stick around and share your experiences as there's plenty here who know a lot as well as many who really know very little but are keen to learn from the experiences of others. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello - and welcome to this forum! I'm also a relatively new poster, but have been lurking a while.

We're heading to the Bishops Cleeve area for a weekend away shortly and hope to be able to take our Leaf to explore the great countryside in your area.
Let me know when you're thinking of visiting Bishops Cleeve - if you need to top up you can either top up via my garage plug (13amp only at the mo') or use my (pending) polar charging point (should be there in September). You can also charge at the Racecourse, apparently.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I was there a couple of weeks ago - it's a lovely part of the country and we really enjoyed our stay

Let me know when you're thinking of visiting Bishops Cleeve - if you need to top up you can either top up via my garage plug (13amp only at the mo') or use my (pending) polar charging point (should be there in September). You can also charge at the Racecourse, apparently.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
Hi @Eugene Lambert, I'm not too far away from the Cotswolds - a lovely part if the country. I used to glide as well but gave up about 10 years ago due to lack of time. That was also the trigger for getting rid of my Range Rover (converted to LPG by me) since I no longer needed to pull glider trailers out of fields! The Outlander looks to be a good choice for this purpose - I'll watch with interest for your comments.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi @Eugene Lambert, I'm not too far away from the Cotswolds - a lovely part if the country. I used to glide as well but gave up about 10 years ago due to lack of time. That was also the trigger for getting rid of my Range Rover (converted to LPG by me) since I no longer needed to pull glider trailers out of fields! The Outlander looks to be a good choice for this purpose - I'll watch with interest for your comments.
Hi @pbceng. I'm afraid that my Outlander has given way to a VW GTE. I did the trade when I realised the GTE could tow, as we live in a small village and the GTE suits the narrow lanes much better. I did however tow a glider trailer up to Millfield in Northumbria with the Outlander and it was no problem at all. Yet to tow a glider anywhere with the GTE, other than around the airfield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts