Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
I was there a few months back, and could easily drive from Seaview to the needles and back, via Shanklin. If you're venturing off the island there's rapid chargers at Southampton and you're good to go from there :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Hello

There is a rapid charger going in on the island as well, not that you will need it though, its a beautiful place, went there for the first time in my Leaf this year, here is the video, enjoy your car they are amazing fun and far more practical than some people think.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi, I've just come back from a trip over there in my Leaf. Great to be able to get everywhere without any worries! I was told by the tourist information bods that there was a rapid going in at Newport that was supposed to be active from 1st October. That said I didn't need it so never looked for it. We used the Nodes Point site and passed the brick through the window! That and the Nissan dealer that I'd guess you're getting your car from. Enjoy! I had a bit of a wobble with min last week over range issues but still love it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Immigration is extremely tight here! Thanks for all the info, links and piss taking. The one in Newport is in, as reported in the local paper a few weeks ago. Waitrose near me, their website states there is one, which I am going to ask them about. Local nissan dealer are personal friends and there a lovely bunch. I am probably just going to charge at home and reckon I will only be doing that 2-3 times a week. I've got the tekna gun metal grey with solar panel spoiler on order on a business lease.

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
Immigration is extremely tight here! Thanks for all the info, links and piss taking. The one in Newport is in, as reported in the local paper a few weeks ago. Waitrose near me, their website states there is one, which I am going to ask them about. Local nissan dealer are personal friends and there a lovely bunch. I am probably just going to charge at home and reckon I will only be doing that 2-3 times a week. I've got the tekna gun metal grey with solar panel spoiler on order on a business lease.
Good choice of spec and colour :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same spec as me! Lovely car, hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Awaiting my nissan leaf due mid December and just sorting home charging unit with British gas. The Isle of Wight is 66 miles to drive round so not anticipating any range anxiety
PLEASE get some charging over there; is the Hants CC Rapid Charger up and running yet?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi, I've just come back from a trip over there in my Leaf. Great to be able to get everywhere without any worries! I was told by the tourist information bods that there was a rapid going in at Newport that was supposed to be active from 1st October. That said I didn't need it so never looked for it. We used the Nodes Point site and passed the brick through the window! That and the Nissan dealer that I'd guess you're getting your car from. Enjoy! I had a bit of a wobble with min last week over range issues but still love it!
Welcome @IW_Mark_Nissan_Leaf I was at Nodes point same time as Bikerchickone unfortunatley we never met but her husband and i guess father/inlaw had a good chat,i love the IOW and think its a great place and well suited to EV's.Enjoy its a great little car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can't quite figure how I've never been there having lived within a (very long) stone's throw for many years. Maybe next year, maybe in the LEAF.
@Paul i was exactly the same,i live 45mins from the ferry and had never been till last year,took the leaf this year and without a doubt its not only a fantastic place to visit but its made for ev's,cant understand why Nissan dont push ev takeup over there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I spoke to the dealer and the main problem is the general age of our population being more elderly and somewhat less accepting of the ev concept. My wife also has an x trail so my car never goes off the island and if I need to go long distance we can swap cars easily, so I am lucky in that respect.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts