Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Got my leaf 2 weeks ago today. It's a white acenta . At the same time, my sister and my buddy picked exactly the same cars so we have 3 between us.

I loaned 2 different leaf models for a combined total of 7 days and a Renault Zoe for 3 days before choosing the leaf. I would have chosen the leaf over the Zoe but a really good deal on the leaf really tipped the balance hence I chose that.

I live in Cardiff and work in Bridgend and Llantwit major and find the car perfect for my work commute. I can just about squeeze two days out of the battery at the moment but may need daily charging come winter?

Anyway, I've been reading the ins and outs of the forum over the last few weeks and it looks like a nice place to be a member of, so joined up.

See you on the boards.

DDD

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello and welcome DDD. Were you the gentleman at Cardiff west Rapid yesterday? Think you spoke to my wife.

Welcome to speakev. I am relatively new as well and must admit this forum is a lifesaver.

Darpan.

Hi there.

Got my leaf 2 weeks ago today. It's a white acenta . At the same time, my sister and my buddy picked exactly the same cars so we have 3 between us.

I loaned 2 different leaf models for a combined total of 7 days and a Renault Zoe for 3 days before choosing the leaf. I would have chosen the leaf over the Zoe but a really good deal on the leaf really tipped the balance hence I chose that.

I live in Cardiff and work in Bridgend and Llantwit major and find the car perfect for my work commute. I can just about squeeze two days out of the battery at the moment but may need daily charging come winter?

Anyway, I've been reading the ins and outs of the forum over the last few weeks and it looks like a nice place to be a member of, so joined up.

See you on the boards.

DDD

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that was me. Luckily your wife was at 78% as I arrived :) So I didn't have to wait at all.
I see they have a planning permission sheet on the post at that services so they must be fitting a second post. That will be handy.

I saw another identical white acenta coming from pentyrch the other day also. I, my sister and my buddy went for white as it was free. The other colours added over £20 a month.
I would have chosen grey or black otherwise.

ddd

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome you will love it and range is no problem, given a bit of planning you can drive for free

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Welcome @ddd another South Wales owner. We have a few now. Shame the local businesses around cardiff/bridgend/swansea won't support the EV uptake by putting a couple of chargers in.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Also it's nice to hear that Cardiff West has planning for a second charger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi. yes, apart from sarn services, Bridgend has nothing. Well, actually the heronston hotel has something but I think it's for guests staying there.
I do wonder if the new Bassets Nissan dealership will fit a rapid?
I've not ventured any further west yest than that.
I think that the M4 from Newport to Bridgend is very well served with the rapids in the services. Not far off one every 10 miles or even less.
Some in town centres would be nice too though.
I'm mostly charging at home and I won't go out of my way to use the rapids as I know for sure my annual mileage is going to be over my contracted of 6000. The 9p per mile penalty would wipe out most of the savings by not paying for the charge.
I am however taking a quick boost on some days as I pass the services.

Cardiff west will really benefit from a second charger as this is the only rapid I've ever seen anyone else at, and I have seen other users 50% of the times I've been there. Luckily I've never held anyone up or been held up myself though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The he
Hi. yes, apart from sarn services, Bridgend has nothing. Well, actually the heronston hotel has something but I think it's for guests staying there.
I do wonder if the new Bassets Nissan dealership will fit a rapid?
I've not ventured any further west yest than that.
I think that the M4 from Newport to Bridgend is very well served with the rapids in the services. Not far off one every 10 miles or even less.
Some in town centres would be nice too though.
I'm mostly charging at home and I won't go out of my way to use the rapids as I know for sure my annual mileage is going to be over my contracted of 6000. The 9p per mile penalty would wipe out most of the savings by not paying for the charge.
I am however taking a quick boost on some days as I pass the services.

Cardiff west will really benefit from a second charger as this is the only rapid I've ever seen anyone else at, and I have seen other users 50% of the times I've been there. Luckily I've never held anyone up or been held up myself though.
I tried the Heronston Hotel this weekend on my way back from ogmore. Thought stop there for a quick bite and charge at the same time. Asked at the bar if its ok to charge- the guy said yes but look confused. Well the actual charge never took place as I tried a few times. Nobody had a clue. Disappointing. It was a zero carbon world charger. Anyone else tried it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've not tried the heronston charger, although I do sometimes pass there on my way to work.
I'll stick my head in and take a look

Today, I actually used the polar charger at asda coryton. 1st time I've used anything other than chademo or home charging. After multiple swipe carding finding out the way it works I went in shopping. Came back an hour later to find I'd actually terminated the flaming charge with my last swipe.

Never mind. I know how it works now. ;) I'd have only got around 12% out of it in an hour as I didn't upgrade my car to the 6kw charger.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The he

I tried the Heronston Hotel this weekend on my way back from ogmore. Thought stop there for a quick bite and charge at the same time. Asked at the bar if its ok to charge- the guy said yes but look confused. Well the actual charge never took place as I tried a few times. Nobody had a clue. Disappointing. It was a zero carbon world charger. Anyone else tried it?
Why did it fail? Was the MCB even on?

Feedback your experience to @ZeroNetOfficial twitter or @Cara Naden with this charger.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
That's reminded me...

@Cara Naden there is a charger on the zero net map located at SA13 1PQ but in actual fact it's located at SA3 1PQ.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts