Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud Ampera owner since Feb. 1, 2013 and now have 9700 miles on the clock, roughly 2/3 electric and 1/3 petrol. I downsized from a Vauxhall Insignia Elite Diesel Automatic and was attracted by the technology, quiet smoothness and cost saving potential. A test drive convinced me this was the way to go even though I had to sacrifice the ability to carry 5 people and be able to transport my golf equipment in the boot without moving seats etc. Happily I have never regretted the decision. There are a number of things about the Ampera which I would like to see improved, but this applies to any car in my experience.

I read RickMGoldie’s post about possibly being the oldest Ampera member and wish to point out that I am in my mid 70’s and probably qualify for this position.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Interesting regarding the 2/3s electric. I read that apparently Ampera/Volt drivers cover more electric miles than LEAF drivers, I assume because you don't have any of the same range concerns.

I hope Speak EV proves to be a helpful place for you. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting regarding the 2/3s electric. I read that apparently Ampera/Volt drivers cover more electric miles than LEAF drivers, I assume because you don't have any of the same range concerns.

I hope Speak EV proves to be a helpful place for you. :)

The 1/3 petrol use is the result of using the vehicle as I would have done previously. Vacation trips to Devon (twice), Shropshire and Norfolk (twice) account for the majority. Unfortunately convenient overnight charging when away is not yet the norm. On one Devon trip last March I recorded 732 miles of which 695 were using petrol. Hence the purchase of an E-REV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts