Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Axel's the name and Paul dragged me in here :)

Currently lugging a VW Touran from MK to Northampton everyday and back makes me feel like a stupid fool.

That's 50mpg over 70mls round trip and a huge empty car 5x a week.

So I am tempted to see whether a tiny Leaf may fit our family of four and my commute better?

Paul seems to think so and so far has won the top trumps rounds we played every time - kudos.

Looking forward to hearing your real world experiences and perhaps even trying a drive in one for a commute soon.

A

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna (2016)
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Abi, nice to meet you too. We only have the one as my wife hasn't got a license.

Also, I reckon she'd prefer a smaller EV to a chunky PC. Perhaps two Leafs are better than one :) So maybe once we have a less chunky vehicle, she'll come around to driving it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Axel and welcome.

Similar to you, I travel about 60 miles per day from MK to Princes Risborough. Spending about £200 per month on fuel, being in the car on my own 98% of the time! I thought there must be a better way...

We're fortunate enough that my wife now has the family car which we can use for holidays and any longer trips. She only does 5-6K miles per year, so running costs for her are acceptable.

I take delivery of mine on Wednesday this week, it seems to have taken ages to come round. I'll be reporting back some findings and observations as I get used to life in the Leaf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts