Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am due to receive a Renault Zoe in a few weeks as company car (which is replacing my Insignia estate).
I was dead set against an EV when the idea was first touted by our fleet department, however after a little reading and a potential saving of around £200 pcm the idea became more appealing!

The car is ordered and I expect delivery before the end of this month, I am apparently getting a 65kw Dynamique Nav Q90, to which I'm a little disappointed, I would've expected a MY20 car, but this is what they have and what I'm getting.

A lot of the reading I have done says the EV experience is great, which I can get on board with - so I'm looking forward to the whole experience.

Cheers

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,906 Posts
Hi all,

I am due to receive a Renault Zoe in a few weeks as company car (which is replacing my Insignia estate).
I was dead set against an EV when the idea was first touted by our fleet department, however after a little reading and a potential saving of around £200 pcm the idea became more appealing!

The car is ordered and I expect delivery before the end of this month, I am apparently getting a 65kw Dynamique Nav Q90, to which I'm a little disappointed, I would've expected a MY20 car, but this is what they have and what I'm getting.

A lot of the reading I have done says the EV experience is great, which I can get on board with - so I'm looking forward to the whole experience.

Cheers
Welcome!

You'll love it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are installing a free Pod Point at my home address and I may be able to aquire some charging at work (client sites have some charging points) as I travel between different locations.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 2020
25 Posts
They are installing a free Pod Point at my home address and I may be able to aquire some charging at work (client sites have some charging points) as I travel between different locations.
Fantastic, definitely makes things a lot easier when charging fits around work/home. Sounds like it should be quite a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
I am apparently getting a 65kw Dynamique Nav Q90,
Just to let you know (if you do already just ignore me) the 65 kW is the motor power, like bhp for ICE. The battery should be a 40 kWh (notice the difference between kW and kWh, power and fuel) with an approx range of 160 miles summer and 120 winter.

Enjoy your ride. I've had 2 Zoe and loved every minute of driving them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to let you know (if you do already just ignore me) the 65 kW is the motor power, like bhp for ICE. The battery should be a 40 kWh (notice the difference between kW and kWh, power and fuel) with an approx range of 160 miles summer and 120 winter.

Enjoy your ride. I've had 2 Zoe and loved every minute of driving them.
Every day is a school day, so any comment is good.
I've always known batteries measured in ah (amp hours) previously.
I'll have to dig out my old college books to find all my Ohm's Law workings out :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
982 Posts
Don't worry about getting an older ZE40. They are still very capable, good little cars. And if you ever find yourself needing a charge at a motorway service station you'll be thankful for it since the AC43 Rapid charging is far more reliable than the CCS connection that the new model uses at their chargers.

I'm sure you'll love it, and will never be able to go back to ICE after experiencing a nice cool car waiting for you on hot days, and coming out to a warm car with ice-free windows in the cold winter mornings, amongst many of the other benefits you get from going electric.

I've always known batteries measured in ah (amp hours) previously.
In the EV world the only time you'll hear these measurements is with BMW. All the others use kWh, as well as for calculating the efficency of your driving (Miles per kWh) and your charging speeds are similarly measured in kW.

It just helps to have the same unit for everything so you'll probably pick it up pretty quickly since its used more or less everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts