Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now coming into my third week of ownership with my Golf GTE one of the last mk 7.5 modelsi my previous car was 17 plate Golf GTD and tend to change around the three and a half years. So far i have been able to charge it up at local chargepoints and we are fortunate to have charging points at my work place also . Economy so far is so good while i still get to grips with the petrol hybrid and this is the first time i have had a golf with a DSG gearbox however what mode in the gearbox do you recommend to use currently travel around 50-60 miles per day and mix of dual carriageway and driving through some scenic roads in parts of Central Scotland

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,025 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you are charging at work and at home you can do most of your driving on pure electric.
My recommendation would be to use e-mode until the battery runs out then hybrid mode for the rest of the journey. GTE mode is for a bit of fun once in a while with no-one else in the car.

If you enjoy learning something new, try B instead of D. It's a whole new one pedal world!

Enjoy the car!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

If you are charging at work and at home you can do most of your driving on pure electric.
My recommendation would be to use e-mode until the battery runs out then hybrid mode for the rest of the journey. GTE mode is for a bit of fun once in a while with no-one else in the car.

If you enjoy learning something new, try B instead of D. It's a whole new one pedal world!

Enjoy the car!!

Tom, thanks for this yes I tried the B a couple of times last week and noticed it pretty much does all the braking for you someone said the GTE would be heavier than the GTD but I feel it lighter as it seems to be able to coast for longer certainly noticing a difference in fuel use the GTD was good on fuel however the GTE seems even better 👌

1 - 3 of 3 Posts