Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,389 Posts
Hi Alan and welcome. If you have any questions there are a lot of very knowledgeable members on here so any questions fire away

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi!
Glad you like the Leaf. I see more and more of them on the road and have a seven day test drive in one next week. They are great cars and fun to drive.
Which colour did you get?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magnetic Red :). wish my work mates would stop calling it a milk float. LOL

The dealership allowed me to drive there showroom model for just over a week while there was a delay on mine. so it allowed me to get used to it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Magnetic Red :). wish my work mates would stop calling it a milk float. LOL

The dealership allowed me to drive there showroom model for just over a week while there was a delay on mine. so it allowed me to get used to it.

Hello :) I got my Leaf yesterday and have already had the milk float comment from my dad. He shut up after I pointed out how many pints I could buy with all my saved petrol money ;)

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
Kona SE
1,216 Posts
Good to hear about the charge points in the station. They put a post in at Coulsdon South but the station car park is overcrowded and they cannot afford to reserve the 2 bays for EVs. It is always is always ICEd (Unless I get there very early and then it might be "Leafed".) Same goes for South Croydon.

Are the Dorking points using Pod point cards or will it be Source London or its successor?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
it's pod point cards. There working with southern to install them in all there stations. The bays are marked Electric Cars, But not marked "Only". so there is a chance normals will park there I know they are already in Sutton with Ashtead and Leatherhead stations being put in soon. I am puzzled to why there not showing on the pod points charge map as under-construction or anything.

·
Registered
Kona SE
1,216 Posts
I contacted Pod-Point office about the one in Coulsdon and they knew nothing about it. After replying to them with the serial number on the top of the post it appeared on their map. Even so I hesitated to send to Zap-map as it is usually inaccessible.

Do you know if there is a plan to roll this out across the Southern area? As you can see I am in Sussex but the only Station I know about with a charger is at Lewes. That was a bit of a "political" installation judging by the news coverage.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As i said above Southern are planning to install them in most of there stations best people to contact would be our customer service they might be able to give some more info for your area, as each region will be working differently. I was told by the installer the other day Horsham and Crawley are on the list so there getting closer to you

·
Registered
377 Posts
Welcome mate, the long extention lead, milk float comments dont stop, but you get a smug feeling especially as you can drive for free
Ive done almost 8000 miles since april 19th 2014

1 - 17 of 17 Posts