Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know an ACTIVE address or the whereabouts of Ric Bollen previously trading from EV Workshop Ion Bridge Farm Gravenhurst outside Bedford?

I committed to a G Wiz months before delivery in readiness for my daughters 17th birthday on 7th September 2016 and
paid in cash in advance of delivery.
Despite all he wrote (I have retained all communications for reference) about what he would do to prepare the car and despite the fact he had MONTHS to prepare the car it arrived
1. Filthy
2. Damaged (windscreen surround hanging off)
3. New chemical damage to passenger seat that continues to corrode through the seat.
4. Without the second charger cable as promised.
But most worryingly .....
5. The drivers seat only partially attached to the chassis; an impact or even sudden braking would have detached it completely!
6. WITH BATTERIES THAT DIDN'T HOLD A CHARGE despite his confirming both verbally and in writing that the car was to be sold with NEW FULLY FUNCTIONING BATTERIES ANTICIPATED TO BE FUNCTIONAL FOR APPROXIMATELY 6 YEARS.
Ever since delivery on the 7th of September I have been contacting him about the above problems and each time he promised remedial action but nothing ever happened
The £1550 vehicle was nigh on useless and not fit for purpose if it cannot hold a charge to allow more than two miles travel.
I was friendly and patient as I listened to various excuses eg holidays, filming etc etc but eventually he asked me to return the vehicle (at my expense!) and he would fully refund.
The car was returned to him at the end of October and a receipt for same was signed by his mechanic Paul. The car was returned in considerably better condition than it was delivered.
All the documents we were ever given relating to this transaction were sent to Ric Bollen by Special Delivery a service which provides proof of delivery.
The promised refund of £1550 has STILL not been received despite his assurance it would be made immediately after safe delivery of the vehicle.
His mechanic Paul recently said he was laid off within days of the car being returned.
I need an active address to issue Court proceedings to recover all my money from this honest trader.
Can anyone help?
Gaye 07984400585

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, Gaye. Sorry to hear about your experiences with the car.

Can't help you with any contacts for this person, but it would be a very good idea to get Bedfordshire trading standards on your case, might even save you the expense of going to court if they follow it up for you.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
You could try the farm where he traded from. They must have some contact details for him. If you consider this theft or fraud, then you could see if the local police can assist you. Whatever you do keep a file of all the correspondence you now make and have made.
Going through the money claim service is quite long winded. I am taking a car sales company through this process, to recover costs that they agreed to pay me to repair a car on their behalf. They subsequently refused to pay my costs of travelling for 13 hours to get to the car and back. You have to pay to lodge the initial claim, I now find I have a bigger payment to make to actually go to court. (they refused mediation etc. )All I would say is that its not a cheap exercise, and that your costs and expenses may get high. Could you still get the car back? If its not available or been disposed of etc then that could be construed as theft or fraud. Might be worth a 30 minute guidance meeting with a solicitor. This can often be very cost effective, in making the options more understandable.
I know of another person who purchased a Citroen C1 electric from him and clearly knew nothing about the cars or the fact that the battery pack was in a very poor condition. He staggeringly misled them and refused to assist them. I do have the contact for the subsequent owners, but I will no longer deal with them as they just wont listen to technical advice I have given them. In this case I have refused to sell them parts I dont believe they need, and wont solve their problem. But It may help you to contact them as additional witnesses , should this ever get to court, as it shows his approach to misleading customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know an ACTIVE address or the whereabouts of Ric Bollen previously trading from EV Workshop Ion Bridge Farm Gravenhurst outside Bedford?

I committed to a G Wiz months before delivery in readiness for my daughters 17th birthday on 7th September 2016 and
paid in cash in advance of delivery.
Despite all he wrote (I have retained all communications for reference) about what he would do to prepare the car and despite the fact he had MONTHS to prepare the car it arrived
1. Filthy
2. Damaged (windscreen surround hanging off)
3. New chemical damage to passenger seat that continues to corrode through the seat.
4. Without the second charger cable as promised.
But most worryingly .....
5. The drivers seat only partially attached to the chassis; an impact or even sudden braking would have detached it completely!
6. WITH BATTERIES THAT DIDN'T HOLD A CHARGE despite his confirming both verbally and in writing that the car was to be sold with NEW FULLY FUNCTIONING BATTERIES ANTICIPATED TO BE FUNCTIONAL FOR APPROXIMATELY 6 YEARS.
Ever since delivery on the 7th of September I have been contacting him about the above problems and each time he promised remedial action but nothing ever happened
The £1550 vehicle was nigh on useless and not fit for purpose if it cannot hold a charge to allow more than two miles travel.
I was friendly and patient as I listened to various excuses eg holidays, filming etc etc but eventually he asked me to return the vehicle (at my expense!) and he would fully refund.
The car was returned to him at the end of October and a receipt for same was signed by his mechanic Paul. The car was returned in considerably better condition than it was delivered.
All the documents we were ever given relating to this transaction were sent to Ric Bollen by Special Delivery a service which provides proof of delivery.
The promised refund of £1550 has STILL not been received despite his assurance it would be made immediately after safe delivery of the vehicle.
His mechanic Paul recently said he was laid off within days of the car being returned.
I need an active address to issue Court proceedings to recover all my money from this honest trader.
Can anyone help?
Gaye 07984400585

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Gaye, L had the same thing happen to me i bought a G Wiz from him on eBay which was advertised with new battery's, The vehicle arrived filthy and the battery's didn't hold a charge. I got in touch with him and he told me to return it at my expense, I have all correspondence regarding my complaints to him and his reply to me. He then refused to refund me even though he agreed to and then to make matters worse he resold the G wiz again on eBay. I complained to eBay about the fact he was selling my car which must be against the law but they did nothing. I got in touch with the CA who put me on to the Police Fraud site got in touch with them but they said they were not prepared to take it on because of cost i presume. So like so many other people i am left out of pocket, Some one needs to make a stand but i'm afraid to take him to a small claims court in case it ends up costing me any more money's which i haven't got.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gaye
Oh dear I'm yet another or Ric's customers - my car when delivered with "new batteries and a 2 year warranty" had an intermittent fault which Ric could not resolve - you know the story by now - numerous calls, emails etc etc. Eventually I took it to going green in Hayes where they repaired the DANGEROUS brakes and on a second visit resolved the intermittent problem.
Now the "new" batteries are spent and I can not get hold of Ric. I did send him a signed for letter asking him to make good on the 2 year warranty this was signed for by someone called Bollen - so theres someone there still.
Citizen's advice want me to check if he's a member of an adr scheme and if not send a "letter before action". Having read the posts above I'm not holding up much hope of getting anything back. Perhaps if we clubbed together we might create enough clout to extract some small compensation from him ? At the very least he should be put out of business to prevent further heartache to more unsuspecting people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts