Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking to buy a secondhand leaf I just don’t know the difference andI need to help with the following. Im looking to buying ken from 2013-15.

What does acenta mean
What does tekna mean
Which one has a battery rental and if it does how do i distinguish from a battery lease and one without.

What is the real world range
And can i rapid charge.

I am looking to buy one without a battery lease and one which can rapid charge.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What does acenta mean
What does tekna mean

Three trim levels -
- entry level visia (not worth bothering considering, not many about)
- mid range Acenta
- top spec tekna, adds leather, all round cameras, bose stereo, heated seats and steering wheel

Which one has a battery rental and if it does how do i distinguish from a battery lease and one without.

Battery rental models are 'flex', and I'm pretty sure this will be on the v5 reg document. The flex can be bought out for about £3k I think, so could still be worth considering dependent on price.

Range can vary on 24kWh models anywhere up to about 80-85 miles in summer, but can be a lot less, depending on driving style, weather, hills, speed of road, etc.

And can i rapid charge.

All had chademo rapid charge port, except visia, where it was an option (visia+ I think)

I'm sure I'll be corrected if any of the above are wrong.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Flex models are few and far between now, any cars that went through main dealers had the batteries bought out.
Still best to check, but they're rare.
Tekna also added 17" diamond cut alloys, the other models are 16" - some say the 16" wheels improve efficiency, but I doubt there's much in it and I preferred the looks of the 17" wheels.
Real world range, for me, was a best of 80-something in summer and a worst of 60-something in winter.
But I don't drive at all economically.
Try and get a generation 2 car, most easily identified by the dark interior and foot-operated parking brake.
Gen 1 cars had a light interior and a push button parking brake.
Then you get into whether you need the on-board charger to be 3.3KW (common) or 6.6KW (rare).
If you rapid charge, the difference between 3.3 and 6.6 becomes irrelevant, they both charge at the same rate on a rapid.
3.3KW did me fine for home charging at night, on the rare occasions I charged elsewhere I used rapids.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clarifying it now makes sense . I have found a leaf 2013 acenta with 30,000 miles with the battery owned for £7000 is this a normal or a good price for the vehicle
What does acenta mean
What does tekna mean

Three trim levels -
- entry level visia (not worth bothering considering, not many about)
- mid range Acenta
- top spec tekna, adds leather, all round cameras, bose stereo, heated seats and steering wheel

Battery rental models are 'flex', and I'm pretty sure this will be on the v5 reg document. The flex can be bought out for about £3k I think, so could still be worth considering dependent on price.

Range can vary on 24kWh models anywhere up to about 80-85 miles in summer, but can be a lot less, depending on driving style, weather, hills, speed of road, etc.

And can i rapid charge.

All had chademo rapid charge port, except visia, where it was an option (visia+ I think)

I'm sure I'll be corrected if any of the above are wrong.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Thanks for clarifying it now makes sense . I have found a leaf 2013 acenta with 30,000 miles with the battery owned for £7000 is this a normal or a good price for the vehicle
It really depends whether is a Japanese gen 1 or not.
2013 was the cross over year.
@Bol d'or has described how to tell the difference.
Gen 1 leafs tend to be described as Acentas as that's the closest to the one spec they had.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Easiest way to tell the difference between gen 1 and gen 2 from little photos on a website is the presence of the “eco” button on the right hand side of the steering wheel (gen 2 have it).

Also you need to consider battery condition. The narrow bar gauge on the right hand side approximates condition, a good car will still have 12 bars, and each loss of a bar means less range available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts