Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I asked about this but the wait time is a few months. Is this the same for most dealers?
If they are pushing to have it registered in August I would assume they are trying to get it in the end of month sales figures

Don't think the new reg affects future value much these days but it's always nice to get it at the start of the 6 months

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If they are pushing to have it registered in August I would assume they are trying to get it in the end of month sales figures

Don't think the new reg affects future value much these days but it's always nice to get it at the start of the 6 months
I'm still trying to get my head around the different models and trims. Are there any major differences between the MY2020 4 and the MY2021 3? I assumed the spec was identical but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The Kona HUD is really lovely: it's a cool asset, and the car is great on the road. The two cars have a lot in common, but I think the Kona just is that bit cooler: it's really a matter of taste: functionally you would be hard put to slip a cigarette paper between them. And yes, I can and have got three adults on the Kona back seat, at a pinch: they aren't paying passengers, and I figure that beggars are not choosers, LOL . If I need more space, I just use the roof bars: it isn't rocket science: my six other kids and my granny are perfectly happy up there in their wee cagoules and goggles as long as I keep the speed down a bit.

Reactions: Ian McVey

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is a long way from my purchase a 5 minute drive 🚗 and brief look over specs to find the Irish standard model was way lower than a UK 🇬🇧 machine. It was for work and I did buy two Konas, absolutely no complaints from me or the driver of the other one.

·
Premium Member
17,694 Posts
I have had my Kona for a week now, and am having Michelin CC tyres fitted tomorrow.
I had a Model S with loads of room inside, and great for trips, dumping bags of rubbish.
We found it was too big a car for our current lifestyle so got a 40 kWh Leaf, in metallic blue.
Loved the car - bigger inside than out!! 🌝
Needing more range 'we' decided on the Kona.
My wife loved the red colour and that was the deciding factor!!
The Niro is a great car too but, 'horrible colours' and not a 'cute' as the Kona!!👀
I went to the tip yesterday, in our Kona, and get everything in with the seats down.
The folding seats in the Leaf, Niro & Kona make these cars big enough for extra cargo.
Also, there is just two of us, so there is plenty of room.
Once I drive a new EV for a while it feels great whether it is a Leaf or a model S.
The seating position again is important to 'us', and the Kona feels a lot better than the Model S in that regard.
The seats are very comfortable, and once you set the car up to your liking, it is beautiful.
Had I bought the Niro I am sure I would be just as happy, ignoring the colours.:geek:
My wife's happiness is my No1 priority (she keeps telling me) so colour and comfort are the main reasons for a purchase!!:rolleyes:
I do of course read all reviews first, and we go from there.
'We' nearly purchased the I-Pace but it was 'too ugly'!!:cool:
Whatever you buy, just enjoy it, WITH NO BUYER'S REMORSE!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I'm now also considering the I3s 2019 REX. I do maybe 300 motorway miles per month though, so not sure if this is ideal?
If you ever have passengers in the back i Implore you not to get an i3.

Presumably by 300 miles per month you mean one trip of 300 miles? If so, Just get a Niro, Kona, Soul or Model 3.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts