Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst in the process of trying to remove the dashboard on my ZE20 this sensor has now dropped into the anals (annals?) of the back of the dash never to be seen again or recovered to put back in place - is it important?

I have come up with a couple of ideas myself that I think it may do:

1.) a thermister/thermostat/thermostat sensor that works with the HVAC and tells the cabin temperature and works with the 'auto' button on the climate control knob ?

or

2.) a photoelectric light sensor for the Auto headlights to turn them on when it gets dark outside (although I think that light sensor for the headlights is up behind the rear view mirror isnt it?)

or is it for something else please does anyone know what it does , if not important I wont bother wasting my time trying to retrieve it.

Many thanks.
Andy.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,506 Posts
I can't help (at least not now), but I can tell you it's neither. AFAIK both temp and light sensors are in the rear view mirror mount. I won't speculate and will try to dig up some tomorrow. If I forget, remind me.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - just to throw another curveball .. how about a light sensor for the navigation to turn it from Day/Night automatically?

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,506 Posts
I had a look in the schematics I have and I could not find it, sorry. I can only confirm the location of the cabin temp and external light sensor.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
693 Posts
how about a light sensor for the navigation to turn it from Day/Night automatically?
The day/night change on the RLink on the ZE40 works with the automatic external lights. Or at least it did on mine and I found it most annoying. This should mean they use the same sensor. I resorted to switching between day and night modes on the RLink manually.

There are separate sensors on the ZE50, which is a big improvement.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Sensors in this position are almost always sunlight / radiant heat sensors, which increase the cooling response from the HVAC in bright sunlight. without it, I suspect the climate control will be less responsive.

Reactions: finchlean and cDy

·
Zoe Devotee
9,296 Posts
That is where the interior temp sensor goes. Its attached to a bar and the clip on the top of dash locks it into place. You need to find it and get a new clip for top of dash before reassembly. I had this clip fail after getting my dash top replaced to a black on away back in 2016. When it comes loose it generates a hell of a rattle. Head tech at dealer had a lot of "fun" refitting it, 2 person job, one ready to lock and one half way up the back of the dash in the footwell trying to locate the damn sensor.

Reactions: Eclectic
1 - 9 of 9 Posts