Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've just bought a c1 Evie at the car auction and it's broken down on me :(

It's a 2010 ex local authority car and appears to be fully charged but when I tried to get it over 30mph it started to struggle and loose power on me .

I seemed to be getting power surges and then it died and wouldn't go above 10mph !

I was so excited about getting my first electric car but have to say that my first experience hasn't given me much faith or confidence in the vehicle .

Can anyone help or suggest anything ?

Thanks ,Ben

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You don't say how long ago you bought it - is there a short period after the auction when you can complain? Was it described as fully working? Other than than I'm afraid it sounds to me like call the closest Citroen EV capable garage. There are a couple of Citroen EV drivers on this forum, do a search and you'll find them.. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,939 Posts
The c1 was not made by Citroen, it's an aftermarket conversion done by a company which no longer trades. Have a search and you will find a chap on here called @Grumpy-b he knows lots about them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't say how long ago you bought it - is there a short period after the auction when you can complain? Was it described as fully working? Other than than I'm afraid it sounds to me like call the closest Citroen EV capable garage. There are a couple of Citroen EV drivers on this forum, do a search and you'll find them.. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply and advise. It was only bought yesterday so we are giving it a full charge today and hoping for the best .

Is it right that the company that converted these cars is now out of business ?

Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

This chap (grumpyB) had been mentioned a few times so I will probably send him a message .

I'm down in West Sussex so not close I'm afraid but thanks anyway .

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Hi
Yes I spend most of my time working on these and similar vehicles. What is the history of the car, Reg number etc . All problems can be resolved, I hold virtually all the required spares, including well priced new (old stock) matching cells. Im based near to Colchester, and I have a contact with a really excellent chap who moves cars about for very reasonable costs. Give me a call. 07736467455 and Im sure things can get sorted. But do charge it properly first before you drive it. Things I need to know. Do you have a spare, or is the wheel well sealed with an aluminium plate. WIth the Ign on, to the rear of the gear lever is a small button, as you push this the display to the right of the steering wheel wil change with each push. How many different sets of data does it display.
ECC no longer trade, they have no one left who can work on the vehicles. I did the last few warranty claims for them as a contractor. I had no connection with ECC while they operated, all my work has come after their cesation. But I do have the software etc to talk to the BMS, and I have recently agreed to purchase all the remaining stock of spares. So there is no support issues. I also remanufacture replacement parts which are no longer available, such as the motor to gearbox coupling, and a complete kit to replace the hot water heating system, with a specially made PTC heater unit. You are not alone.
Grumpy-b

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hi
Yes I spend most of my time working on these and similar vehicles. What is the history of the car, Reg number etc . All problems can be resolved, I hold virtually all the required spares, including well priced new (old stock) matching cells. Im based near to Colchester, and I have a contact with a really excellent chap who moves cars about for very reasonable costs. Give me a call. 07736467455 and Im sure things can get sorted. But do charge it properly first before you drive it. Things I need to know. Do you have a spare, or is the wheel well sealed with an aluminium plate. WIth the Ign on, to the rear of the gear lever is a small button, as you push this the display to the right of the steering wheel wil change with each push. How many different sets of data does it display.
ECC no longer trade, they have no one left who can work on the vehicles. I did the last few warranty claims for them as a contractor. I had no connection with ECC while they operated, all my work has come after their cesation. But I do have the software etc to talk to the BMS, and I have recently agreed to purchase all the remaining stock of spares. So there is no support issues. I also remanufacture replacement parts which are no longer available, such as the motor to gearbox coupling, and a complete kit to replace the hot water heating system, with a specially made PTC heater unit. You are not alone.
Grumpy-b
Who was that masked man....? :-D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Grumpy-b
Hi There

I was starting to get worried after I found out that ECC no longer trade so many thanks for your detailed and reassuring reply . It is good to know that there is still some support out there for these cars .

Here are a few details about the car ...
Reg is LS10 UME , it was an ex local authority car and apparently they had some problems with the car and changed the circuit board .

The wheel well is sealed with a plate and I cannot get any display reading when you press that button, it doesn't seem to do anything .

It's been charging most of the day but seems to be taking a long time to charge fully . The worrying thing is that it seems to be loosing power when the display reads 87% charge . It also struggles up any sort of hill ( I'm down to 25mph ) but not sure if this is normal for this type of car , although I'm hoping not .

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Do you know which Local Authority. The gauge only toggles when you have the car turned on . It starts off with Charge % then goes to voltage then Amps. If you have the sealed boot then its one of the later cars, but then there are a number of variations, is there a serial cable / plug in the front edge of the boot carpet on the passenger side ? Or on tucked in behind the front grill / headlamp on the Passenger side at the front. Does it get to 100% charge? Sounds like its had a BMS replacement, but that doesnt explain whats going on. I will do you a check list. PM me with your email.
or give me a call.

Grumpy-b

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Fill this out. Add anything you can then PM me for an email address to return it to.
Regards
Grumpy_b

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts