Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What should my next EV be?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So less than a month without the Tesla Model X and I’m itching for a new EV.

We thought we could live with only one car, but now the OH has a new job it can be slightly inconvenient.

The Model X was great, but a little large for general use.

We need a car that will do longer journeys easily. Ideally it needs a tail hook. Something that will do a run to the mountains fairly easily.

I like the idea of the Taycan, but it’s eye-wateringly expensive.

All points and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50 GT Line 135 CCS
616 Posts
If you can afford the Taycan Turbo S, then sod everything else and just do it.

·
Banned
843 Posts
So less than a month without the Tesla Model X and I’m itching for a new EV.

We thought we could live with only one car, but now the OH has a new job it can be slightly inconvenient.

The Model X was great, but a little large for general use.

We need a car that will do longer journeys easily. Ideally it needs a tail hook. Something that will do a run to the mountains fairly easily.

I like the idea of the Taycan, but it’s eye-wateringly expensive.

All points and suggestions appreciated.
Tesla 3 or Tesla Y. (disclosure, i own 50 shares in Tesla)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
644 Posts
Some considerations:
  • If you wish to tow, the VW ID4 or the Skoda Enyaq might be worth waiting for.
  • I have an e-niro myself but it'll be a step down from the Model X. Great for longer distances, but limited to 77 kW charging which may be an issue if you do long distances a lot. No tow bar.
  • You live in Spain with bad charging infrastructure. That automatically makes the M3 a good candidate.
  • Mach E will be Ford's first EV. I would be wary.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Where’s the option for the MG? 😂

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
You forgot the Rivian R1S. :devilish:

Anything VAG owned is too immature at the moment. It has to be the Austrian.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Tail hook on iPace only pulls 750Kg AFAIK. Enough? You need to tell us how much tow weight you have.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uh oh. Someone’s trying to tell me something:

Must be one of the other parents. Trying to get to me when I’m at my weakest.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just go for it, if you can afford it. No matter what we say, we'd all like to be able to get it. 800V charging might even make you drop the cigars as you won't have time to smoke them while charging.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I could afford it if I don’t buy a house next year.

·
Registered
Tesla Model X 75 D
135 Posts
I have voted Taycan... But obviously if you actually want to do really long distances I would just get a LR model 3 with Hest pump. They will go a little further than the Taycan and can charge at the Tesla superchargers or any CCS point at fast speeds. The Taycan looks lovely and a big battery 4S will go quite a long way. If you want to tow long distances I would wait until the Rivian/cybertruck/others are available.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Think I have 5 shares 🤣
I'm taking a different approach; I've kept most of my SSE shares on the basis of whichever manufacturer wins they'll all need electrickery. In all this talk about expensive cars I should point out that my new MG is 5.5 times the cost of any of my previous cars! Sold a few shares at peak..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts