Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

What should my next EV be?

Help me choose my next EV.

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  SueH 
#1 ·
So less than a month without the Tesla Model X and I’m itching for a new EV.

We thought we could live with only one car, but now the OH has a new job it can be slightly inconvenient.

The Model X was great, but a little large for general use.

We need a car that will do longer journeys easily. Ideally it needs a tail hook. Something that will do a run to the mountains fairly easily.

I like the idea of the Taycan, but it’s eye-wateringly expensive.

All points and suggestions appreciated.

#6 ·
Some considerations:
  • If you wish to tow, the VW ID4 or the Skoda Enyaq might be worth waiting for.
  • I have an e-niro myself but it'll be a step down from the Model X. Great for longer distances, but limited to 77 kW charging which may be an issue if you do long distances a lot. No tow bar.
  • You live in Spain with bad charging infrastructure. That automatically makes the M3 a good candidate.
  • Mach E will be Ford's first EV. I would be wary.

#9 ·
You forgot the Rivian R1S. :devilish:

Anything VAG owned is too immature at the moment. It has to be the Austrian.

#14 ·
Just go for it, if you can afford it. No matter what we say, we'd all like to be able to get it. 800V charging might even make you drop the cigars as you won't have time to smoke them while charging.

Reactions: cah197
#16 ·
I have voted Taycan... But obviously if you actually want to do really long distances I would just get a LR model 3 with Hest pump. They will go a little further than the Taycan and can charge at the Tesla superchargers or any CCS point at fast speeds. The Taycan looks lovely and a big battery 4S will go quite a long way. If you want to tow long distances I would wait until the Rivian/cybertruck/others are available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.